Silkie Duck Thread

The simple wing wrap wouldn't stay on, so I had to change ducks angel wing wrap to go around him/her and I left him swim after a day and took it off and it looked perfect after the reduced protein and extra greens so two days he was fine!

We only ever had 1 do that to us out of 16 ducklings. We feed the duck grower by purina after they are about 3 weeks old up until their feathers are all grown in and looking good. The one we just simply wrapped her wing up and about a week later she was able to have the wrap off and was as if it never happened.

One silkie duck has made it past internal pip! My issue last year was them not getting past that point. Fingers crossed for a EP sometime today!!

Good Luck!
Also, Celtic oak farms has a good write up on wrapping angel wing. Its on here somewhere.
I saw it, but that link I gave actually shows you why to wrap it a certain way so it pulls it into itself, I didnt really get what celtic was doing. This guy in that link does it with a raw chicken wing and makes alot of sense on why to wrap certain directions for each time around. it worked awesome as well.

We have a broody silkie duck hen!
fl.gif
heres to hoping she sticks with it and hatches out some darling ducklings

Go broody, go broody! Mine never managed an EP so I made an "emergency air hole". That was last night. Today pulled back a little more to see what's up with the yolk sac. It has a little bit left to absorb so now its a waiting game!

Back
Top Bottom