Silkie Duck Thread

Thanks Sally. I named this one "it's about time".
hmm.png
lau.gif
too funny! we just named our CCL roo Narco.... I swear he falls asleep every other second!

If anyone is searching for Silkie eggs my girls are still laying. I have a snowy pair and a dusky pair, both pairs penned together. So far 100% fertility :)

I am in love with the silkies but does anyone sell day one 1 babies (I am looking ahead as I have a 3 day trip at the end of this month and do not want that to interfere with their hatching or early days)??? I have only seen hatching eggs for sell and since I have not used an incubator yet and I've heard that silkie eggs can be tricky I don't think they should be my first go around. I get too attached and it would break my heart if they didn't hatch.

I am in love with the silkies but does anyone sell day one 1 babies (I am looking ahead as I have a 3 day trip at the end of this month and do not want that to interfere with their hatching or early days)??? I have only seen hatching eggs for sell and since I have not used an incubator yet and I've heard that silkie eggs can be tricky I don't think they should be my first go around. I get too attached and it would break my heart if they didn't hatch.
I have some due to hatch in a few weeks and at the end of this month. I can ship in pairs but generally wait until they are partially feathered out as call ducklings can be very fragile as little ones (plus I can't safely ship any fewer than 8 day old babies at a time as they need to be able to keep each other warm during shipping). So if you want to PM me, we can discuss the details. I shipped a 7 week old call duck to someone in WA state yesterday. She arrived today in perfect condition :) She was about 2/3 feathered so could keep herself warm. I generally only sell them in pairs or more but this girl had hatched call duck eggs and only 1 hatched and it is deformed. So she REALLY wanted just one so it would have a buddy :)

I have some due to hatch in a few weeks and at the end of this month. I can ship in pairs but generally wait until they are partially feathered out as call ducklings can be very fragile as little ones (plus I can't safely ship any fewer than 8 day old babies at a time as they need to be able to keep each other warm during shipping). So if you want to PM me, we can discuss the details. I shipped a 7 week old call duck to someone in WA state yesterday. She arrived today in perfect condition :) She was about 2/3 feathered so could keep herself warm. I generally only sell them in pairs or more but this girl had hatched call duck eggs and only 1 hatched and it is deformed. So she REALLY wanted just one so it would have a buddy :)
Thank you @learycow I'll send a PM.

Back
Top Bottom