Silkie eggs not turning in egg turner

Thomas423

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Port Deposit, MD
Last year I suspected that the silkie eggs were not turning properly in the turner and resulted in poor to no hatch rate.
So now I have my first batch in the bator and I am watching it closely and sure enough the eggs do not tilt to the side when the turner does.
They are staying in an upright position.
I've been opening the lid and tilting them manually but would like suggestions and/or opinions about this.
Is there anything I can put in the turner holes to make the eggs fit snuggly without interferring with air/heat movement?

Can we get a picture? I'm thinking maybe you can trim egg carton cups to fit around them if they are too small for the holes. You'll have to cut holes in the bottom for air circulation, but it should help.

I have silkie eggs in my 1588 w/turner as we speak. Out of 12 eggs set, 9 have made it this far. We go into lockdown Sunday. I hatched a bunch of silkie eggs last year too with no issues. I wonder why they are not working in your turner? Are they exceptionally small eggs?

I just did silkie eggs too, they all tilted just fine in my turner. 14 at lockdown, 11 hatched. maybe something is hung up on your turner and it is not moving far enough to tilt the eggs?

I have silkie eggs in my homemade bator right now. I am using an egg carton as a turner and they all tilt when I turn them. I have not used a production incubator before so I am no help, but the egg carton works well for me.

Back
Top Bottom