Silkie Experts please help..Update Post #9

smokeykk

Songster
8 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Pennsylvania
My silkie has feathers on either side of its tail that are longer than the others, I'm assuming these are streamers and I need to find a new home for my beautiful Moe...?
82735_my_pics_237.jpg

Last edited:
From my understanding, streamers would be located on the head- rather than a uniform round poof, you'd have little longer streamers coming from the head poof.

That said, I can't tell on yours.

I don't see anything that says roo yet. Silkies are hard though. The streamers are spikes sticking out of the poof, but while they're still feathering out like yours both sexes will have them.

68634_001chick.jpg

here is a pic of my silkie mix...no idea what it is mixed with or what gender either, she/he also has 5 toes...odd combo.

68634_dsc_0059.jpg

and my other...not pure silkie either I think...got them both from a questionable hatchery....

I also got 3 EE's from this woman, 2 are roos, with tufts also...another oddity
68634_eeroo2.jpg

68634_ee_roo.jpg

sorry, I can't help you...I am in the same fix with my oddballs...fun to watch them grow though!

Last edited:
Quote:
I am thinking her EE and silkies roos are hopping the fence or the whole flock is getting together at some point. Cute chicks though. The first chick looks like a pullet to me.

Quote:
I am thinking her EE and silkies roos are hopping the fence or the whole flock is getting together at some point. Cute chicks though. The first chick looks like a pullet to me.

Ooh, I hope so....it will take a while for the black one..he/she is tiny...and better looking now, that shot is from last week...the other, rust one, is normal sized. I want to go back to her place and see what she has walking around, that may help me id them...

Back
Top Bottom