Silkie for house pet?

That's a smart chicken! I'm hoping to get a head start in potty training it wasn't a success with my Saxony duck but I'll give it another try with my silkie. It'll be a couple days old when I pick it up!
it takes a LOT of time and patience. my rooster is almost 7 months old and i've only just this past week been able to train him to sleep inside all night without crowing. i've found that he responds a lot better to positive reinforcement and when he does something bad he is really remorseful because he can't stand being told he's a bad boy lol. I'm sure if you have the time to bond with your bird then it will treat you good. i always had mine with me on my lap or following me around in the yard for the first few months and he is a lot more bonded to me than dogs and cats that i've owned

I only work four days a week but they are 10 hour shifts. My Saxony and I bonded really well working this schedule so I'm hoping there's no difference with the new baby! I've purchased a small dog carry pouch for it and intend on the baby going everywhere with me and both my heelers! :) do you give your roo treats for being a good boy?

I would let Fuzz hangout on the counter while I was cooking and ever time I hit the pan with a spatula she’d squawk the same amount of times.

I only work four days a week but they are 10 hour shifts. My Saxony and I bonded really well working this schedule so I'm hoping there's no difference with the new baby! I've purchased a small dog carry pouch for it and intend on the baby going everywhere with me and both my heelers! :) do you give your roo treats for being a good boy?
i bought a small iron cage to carry my boy in for the first few months and he wasn't much trouble. i give him treats now and then but mainly i think he just likes being told he's a good boy and getting a hug lol. hope your one turns out to be as good of a pet as mine

Back
Top Bottom