Silkie Frizzle?

Hi guys! Long story short...I ordered bantam brahmas from a hatchery and all but one showed up alive. It was awful. So I was looking for local chicks to keep my singleton company. I never owned silkies, before but I found silkie chicks 3 days younger so I picked up 3. I instantly fell in love so when a friend couldn't sell all her chicks at market, I picked up 6 of her leftover silkies...I know...chicken math got me. The 6 are a week older and wings are starting to feather. This one in the pic is one of the group of 3 silkies, only one week old. Feathers just starting to show...could it be that my baby is a frizzle?! Beautiful baby...I'd be so excited! Feathers coming in just dont look like the rest. So cute! Thanks in advance. I'm just starting to learn about this breed so I appreciate the experienced silkie opinions. Probably too early to tell but thought I would ask. I call this chick "Sunny" for reference. View attachment 3772579View attachment 3772580View attachment 3772581View attachment 3772579
This Betty at a week old, her Brother is Bert and he has regular feathers.

777CB3A8-D269-4B67-AC93-E22B5CA2A2E7.jpeg

F77D1FEB-F703-4A1F-B06B-A3A7D851D004.jpeg

I don't believe regular silkies will Frizzle. There's a mix called a sizzle. Your chick is adorable and I believe the wing feathers are normal for silkie chicks but I'm not completely sure. Hopefully someone more experienced with them can help out.
frizzle is a gene not a breed. you can get silkied silkie frizzles and sutan frizzles.

Back
Top Bottom