Silkie Frizzle?

I don't believe regular silkies will Frizzle. There's a mix called a sizzle. Your chick is adorable and I believe the wing feathers are normal for silkie chicks but I'm not completely sure. Hopefully someone more experienced with them can help out.
IMG_0011 (1).jpg

two frizzled silkies and yes that's exactly what boo looked like when he was a hatchling

Hi guys! Long story short...I ordered bantam brahmas from a hatchery and all but one showed up alive. It was awful. So I was looking for local chicks to keep my singleton company. I never owned silkies, before but I found silkie chicks 3 days younger so I picked up 3. I instantly fell in love so when a friend couldn't sell all her chicks at market, I picked up 6 of her leftover silkies...I know...chicken math got me. The 6 are a week older and wings are starting to feather. This one in the pic is one of the group of 3 silkies, only one week old. Feathers just starting to show...could it be that my baby is a frizzle?! Beautiful baby...I'd be so excited! Feathers coming in just dont look like the rest. So cute! Thanks in advance. I'm just starting to learn about this breed so I appreciate the experienced silkie opinions. Probably too early to tell but thought I would ask. I call this chick "Sunny" for reference. View attachment 3772579View attachment 3772580View attachment 3772581View attachment 3772579
She will be Frizzles like Betty her who is now 17 weeks old here egg mama is a frizzle silkie and her Dada is a Polish.
F3761C43-FE9F-4BB0-ADA4-F4E360FD5E2E.jpeg
9E16C2F3-E11F-4C95-932C-3A988E53E787.jpeg

This is Curly her egg mama a silkie with frizzle feathers. I am sure they cross the silkies on another breed to get the frizzle feathers. I am Not sure as to what or how. But your chick has the same feathers that Betty and Curly had as chicks
Curly

9C8296F7-597B-4890-AB64-E5641C286725.jpeg

Gosh your baby is adorable 😊💕

@Debbie292d that black and white chick is fantastic!! Any idea what color/pattern that is??
I sent that pic to the breeder to ask her what that chick was as I ordered buffs. She said it must've come from her Cuckoo pen. I also did get some satin cuckoos from her, that are gray with black spots or barring I guess it's called, but nothing even close to this one.

She will be Frizzles like Betty her who is now 17 weeks old here egg mama is a frizzle silkie and her Dada is a Polish. View attachment 3773219View attachment 3773220

This is Curly her egg mama a silkie with frizzle feathers. I am sure they cross the silkies on another breed to get the frizzle feathers. I am Not sure as to what or how. But your chick has the same feathers that Betty and Curly had as chicks
Curly

View attachment 3773222

Gosh your baby is adorable 😊💕
These are all beautiful!!!!!

Oh my gosh! I regret not buying every silkie she had available bahhhh haha...you made my day! I want a frizzle so bad...
You will have. 50% chance of getting a frizzle- but do not breed two frizzles together- they will have fragile feathers and health issues.

I have hatched two eggs from curly and both were frizzle 😊

Back
Top Bottom