Silkie Gender Help!!!

Quote:
I know they can! The blue pullet I used to have tricked me into thinking she was a rooster! She had a tiny swept back crest and rough, pointy hackles, and a rooster attitude. She was always chasing the others and nipping bacause she was the dominant hen (which I later figured out). Everything pointed to rooster and even the people at the hatchery thought she was a rooster when I went to give her back. A month or two later I went back to get pullet chicks of a different breed and the guy said she ended up being a pullet. Here is a pic of her.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/107741_img_0029-1.jpg

tongue.png
I would have guessed pullet on this one here. She has such a girly face! The hatchery silkies do not do the breed justice. Their top knots are so small!

What did you name your new girl?

XD Those were my very first chickens so what did I know. Once I saw the other hens at the hatchery I kinda knew I messed up. Anyway I named my new girl Luna and nicknamed her Mockingbird because she has her own trademark series of chirping in all different ways and she sounds like the mockingbird in my front yard
lol.png

She looks alot like the pullet you posted pictures of!

Last edited:
I'm really sorry I didnt get to posting pictures. Last weekend my barred rock pullet, Tipsy, died of an unknown illness (only 9 weeks old) and I was so busy this past weekend. I'll try to get some posted this week. Her crest and tail have gotten a lot bigger and my other chicks adopted her right away. Maybe because that was the same weekend we lost poor Tipsy.

Back
Top Bottom