Silkie Gender?

Well He/She definately hasnt laid any eggs, but hasnt made a noise yet so cant say it crows! It hasnt tried to sit on any of the eggs the other birds have laid either....

yes, he/she either minds its own business and sometimes will chase the others (2 hens and a roo) I havent seen any mating or anything going on by either roos (if hes a boy that is) I keep waiting for the egg or crow lol!

Any guesses as to gender on this little bird. She (?
fl.gif
) came from the "bantum bin" at the local feed store. We figured out that she was a silkie because she had 5 toes and black skin. I am guessing that she is some sort of splash because she has spots, she is a blue grey color. Thanks for the help,
smile.png

Anyone experienced in Silkie gender?:fl Please help end this debate in my household.:barnie
It looks like a roo to me :/ Why: Because of the way the crest is slicked back. I guess it IS a feed store chick, and they are less quality birds.. Which means girls can have smaller crests that are slicked back and not rounded. My girls always had nice round crests by 7 weeks.
_MG_8673.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom