Silkie head feathers

I don't know, but your question made me think of a little white toy poodle, just back from the groomer, with a bow in her hair.

I do know that some people trim silkie's feathers to keep them out of their eyes.

Quote:
lol.png

I don't want to trim them, but I saw a big packet of terry cloth mini multi colored hair ties at the family dollar store and I am thinking I should pick up a pack.

They just can't see much of anything it seems. But I don't want to trim them. At times I would like to have a full poof on top.

Yeah maybe if I buy some doggy sweaters the neighbors will think I got some white poodles. heheheeh

At the last show we were at, they had some of the silkies with bandage tape, holding the crests out of their eyes, sure beats the heck out of plucking them..
I came home and tried it with our girl with the huge crest and it actually stays in really well.keeps it all neat and tidy out of her face so she can see!
Oh, and just because it was brought up.. My DH calls the silkies -Poodle chicken..
as is " that's not a REAL chicken, that's a Poodle chicken.."

I think that would work better but not be quite as pretty.
smile.png

I will get both and see what happens because I hate to see them out in the lawn stumbling around or just standing in one spot because they can't see. Heaven forbid a Hawk came along.!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom