Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

Yeah a whole lot. Lol. I have found sebrights and de uccles and de anvers to be very nervous birds. Pace the fence constantly. Those and the cochins and silkies are the only bantams i' ve had. Now for large fowl i' d reccomend barred rock over anything else. All my roos were gentle with us and great protectors of their girls. Have some of thise eggs in bator right now. Lost my last roo this winter. I free ranged them.

@TwinArrowsFarmI wonder if I am at limit for pm's. Here's my email joreyshaver@ymail. Com. Or i' m on facebook at jorey shaver. That's really weird about the chick.

@TwinArrowsFarm I ended up with 3. 2 whites and a black. how did yours end up? how's the special little one or did you end up culling it? Easter is the last hatch date for the year for me. thank goodness. i' m tired of dust in my house and hatching stress. going to move most to garage today. I have a silkie roo from our first hatch that likes to crow at 3 in the morning. lol. ear plugs don't help. lol.

I also ended up with 3. 2 whites and a buff. The eye less chick was also white but my husband decided to cull it. That's the second time with these eggs I have had to put a deformed chick down. :(

Here are my three silkies hanging out with the quail. The far left is the buff. He is kind of a miracle since my daughter pick that egg up with it was less than a week into incubating, dropped it and made a huge crack. I sealed it with wax and he was the first to hatch. :)

So cute. I got the cochins and the january silkiesin the garage today. yea!!!!. then dd tells me temp is supposed to drop to 30's Tuesday. grrrr. found 2 large hunting dog kennels on craigs list that I will be making into coops. should' nt take to much just covering of walls and roof. and she threw in tin roofing for them. gotta love craigs list. lol

I LOVE Craigslist! And Pinterest. I have an big old steal swing set that I am going to turn into a coop or an aviary thanks to an idea I saw on Pinterest. I haven't decided Which way I'm going to go with it yet. Lol it will look something like this.

Back
Top Bottom