Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

for size reference @KV Silkies

I have 3 external pips out of 8. I think one of those was dead when I candled yesterday so it's probably 3 of 7. I'm so nervous. I am debating if I should help at all. I am worried about the air cells and my humidity is in the high 60s. I have 3 containers of water in there. What do you think I should do @jorey
holy cats they are TINY and sooo CUTE!!! I want to just grab an armful of them.
love.gif
hoping your hatches are going ok to both @jorey and you both twinarrows! I did an early candle last night and my shipped ones (from Arizona) looks like I might have only one viable egg! most were crazy porous, so not sure if what will happen with this poor lone egg, I have other chicks now, but everyone will be so much older! any ideas? I do have a small animal swap I go to on hatch day, perhaps someone will have chicks there I could get one?

@TwinArrowsFarm pm me who you got these thru. I've gotten from 2 different in ga now and I wonder if its the one I had the most trouble with.

@KV Silkies go for bantam cochins. They are so adorable and sweet. A lot like silkies in temperment I have found. Just my opinion though. :)

@KV Silkies go for bantam cochins. They are so adorable and sweet. A lot like silkies in temperment I have found. Just my opinion though.
smile.png
I will do some research but am very open to this idea! will be fun to have a little odd ball in the pen... can I tell sex of a chick with this or I get what I get like with silkie chicks?

I don't know how to feather sex but if ya can do that you should be ok. They have single combs. I really looked at mine good when they hatched and made guesses based on comb size and so far they are right on the money. And they are feather footed. Lol.

I don't know how to feather sex but if ya can do that you should be ok. They have single combs. I really looked at mine good when they hatched and made guesses based on comb size and so far they are right on the money. And they are feather footed. Lol.
oh man, if I can feather sex that would be awesome, I was just reading a thread on vent sexing and laughing my head off, HILARIOUS!!! people trying to do this and their results and such, too funny
lau.gif
there is no way I will be able to pull that off, one person was trying to vent sex their belly buttons, lol. if this breed can feather sex I can research this! watch I am going to do all this research and they won't have any at the swap!!! lol
he.gif
I am all on board with banty cochins now tho! too cute! (took a lot to convince me too didn't it??)
caf.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom