Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

Alright everyone...I am a first time hatcher....set my silkie eggs in my new Brinsea MiniAdvance...temp at 99.5
Day 19 was yesterday...4 out off the eggs pipped and haven't changed since yesterday :( Just a pip hole in each of them and the first pipped at 1pm yesterday and it is now 8 am today
When should I be worried and help....They have been in lockdown since day 18 and I have not opened the incubator
I did notice the silkie eggs were harder to crack open than my Browns when I was making scrambled eggs for my mash I was making the chickens (do to this nasty snow storm)
Any advice would be helpful. Here is a picture of the pip hole that started at 1pm yesterday

I just candled my silkie eggs. All were duds
sad.png
idunno.gif
I am going to have to drop out of the hatch.

Were these your own eggs or shipped eggs?

Hello all. We're in! We have nine eggs in lockdown that are due to hatch tomorrow 10 more in two weeks. We just set 24 silkie eggs and 3 wyandottes for my friend that are due to hatch the 29th. We just got a new incubator so we're excited to see how our hatches go!

I just candled my silkie eggs. All were duds
sad.png
idunno.gif
I am going to have to drop out of the hatch.

Hi All,
I am in
smile.png
I just put my first two home bred Porcelain Silkie test eggs on lockdown! I am very excited!!!
Kim
That's awesome, Kim!

Hello all. We're in! We have nine eggs in lockdown that are due to hatch tomorrow 10 more in two weeks. We just set 24 silkie eggs and 3 wyandottes for my friend that are due to hatch the 29th. We just got a new incubator so we're excited to see how our hatches go!
celebrate.gif
Mine are due tomorrow also!
wee.gif
I have four pips so far!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I just candled my silkie eggs. All were duds :( :idunno I am going to have to drop out of the hatch.

Sorry to hear this. :-(
Judith (Peepblessed) recently had some hatching eggs for sale and her stock is really beautiful, maybe you can see if she still has any eggs available?

Hi All,
I am in :) I just put my first two home bred Porcelain Silkie test eggs on lockdown! I am very excited!!!
Kim

We have been waiting since March for our Porcelain cockerel to start breeding with our two hens. They pick on him a bit, so he may ave to mature a bit more before we see any fertile eggs.

Are you new to hatching? I saw your cabinet incubator and am jealous! :)

When my son looked early this morning we had a white that has pipped!!!

Yay! And congratulations on his wins at the Knoxville show!

Hi all,
Sam candled day before yesterday.  She posted some pictures on the facebook Silkie Site.  Anyone have any ideas as to the fertility of the eggs?

I thought that two looked clear and two looked like something is developing. Hang onto them until at least day 10. Sometimes we don't really see much veining but then get happily surprised.

Back
Top Bottom