Silkie / Japanese Bantam Crosses

Just following up from my recent post :)

One of the tiny eggs hatched this morning and my goodness is it a precious little chick! Black winged white japanese bantam mom and a blue silkie roo dad..

The chick has yellow feet but six toes and feathers on each foot.. it also appears to be bearded with black skin.. it has a tiny single comb and is absolutely adorable; very energetic as well!

I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's older :D
just thought I'd share what the bird looks like now.. my gut tells me its a cockerel but he/she is pretty interesting looking, that's for sure!

its legs and skin are black but it's toes are yellow
idunno.gif
goofy little chick..

I had a silkie chick hatch this morning and he has yellow feet and a yellow beak. Is this normal?? I cant find anything about it.

Blondie34   very interesting chick  I think it is a roo   also.

Yep :/ every day he seems more and more like a cockerel ... He's got such a little personality!

I've got a black jap and the same black tailed white jap sitting on a clutch of fertile eggs right now so we'll see what the next next round of babies look like if everything goes smoothly :)

I know this thread is kind of old, BUT I have 8 chicks (well 2 1/2 months old) that are from a black japanese bantam hen and silkie roo. They look like Jap bantams with black skin. They have no feathers on their legs, no crests, nothing. Some do have black and yellow skin. I believe all their beaks are black and most of their combs are black. I could get some pictures of them if ya'll want to see them.

I know this thread is kind of old, BUT I have 8 chicks (well 2 1/2 months old) that are from a black japanese bantam hen and silkie roo. They look like Jap bantams with black skin. They have no feathers on their legs, no crests, nothing. Some do have black and yellow skin. I believe all their beaks are black and most of their combs are black. I could get some pictures of them if ya'll want to see them.
Would love to see pictures.

I saw today a trio of black Japanese Silkies and couple of white Japanese Silkies. Looks awesome. Will post pics soon

I did a little research and saw some sites talk about them being bred in Europe and England with growing popularity. However, they mentioned they were not known of in the United States yet. Does anyone breed these crosses? Anyone have any pictures?

I've been raising silkies for a couple of years, and I am thinking of cross breeding them with my japanese bantams I have started. I was wondering what to expect, and what is expected of the offspring... and what to look for while breeding them?

So if you have some or are interested or know anything... please share!

I guess I should add, I am really just trying to introduce the silkie feathering into the line.

Goodness! we live in the same place! Fuquay! maybe I have drove past your place and maybe have seen your chickens!

if you were still wondering, I hatched a silkie BTW Japanese cross on new years.....had black-grey feathers, no crest, 5 toes, feathered feet, NORMAL FEATHERING, NO CREST, greenish feet, a yellow face, and had some white skin patches all over.....we called him milkshake. His mom is a splash silkie, dad a BTW Japanese

Now we are thinking he is a roo.....he will be very pretty! here he was today:

here he was as a chick....

Here are his parents:
Cadbury (roo)

Marshie (hen)

Hope this helps! (I know this thread is a bit old i just wanted to add on...)

~Bantambury

P.S. I may need to sell my frizzle silkie roo once older.....if i have to, PM me if your interested since we are SOOOO close! i can give you more details as well!

Last edited:
I know this an old thread, but thought that I would add a picture of my Silkie/BTW Jap cross. The mother was a white silkie and dad was a BTW Jap Cockerel.

Well....I thought I had a clearer picture, will have to try and get one tomorrow. She has a silver laced looking pattern, regular feathering, yellow legs and I believe a yellow beak.She lays a beautiful cream colored bantam egg! She has the upright tail like the Japanese as well.

Back
Top Bottom