Silkie Pictures, to cull or not to cull????? Lots of pics!!

Quote:
When I say cull on these I mean sell them. I could never "off" a silkie!! LOL!

Whew! that saves me contemplating a drive up from Atlanta...
clap.gif

Oooh okay!
Good
smile.png
Lol
I personally like all of them, but if they are for showing I know the finer points matter.
The white cockeral is very cute
smile.png

The lightest blue one looks to be a female, and I would keep her. It is hard to get a decent blue color...most are too dark. First white roo looks best, they are all pretty young. Time can do amazing things.

Quote:
Oh I hope it is a girl!!! Thanks! It is just a big waiting game with silkies!! LOL!!

Quote:
When I say cull on these I mean sell them. I could never "off" a silkie!! LOL!

Whew.....I was gonna say ship them to me. I just lost my little black silkie to cancer.....
sad.png

hugs.gif
oh I am sorry to hear that!!!

I agree with Cara, Unless there is obvious faults that you can see like poor foot feathering, number of toes, comb or wing placement problems, don't try to decide until they are at least 6 months old longer if possible, especially for males. You can get a feel for the ones that will develop nicely but there are lots of changes. The Males and Females are going to look different and while the your males may not seem crested enough, they may develop into awesome boys. If you know you don't need any roos in a particular color then of course once they crow, you can make some cuts.

I have some 4 month old buff right now that seem like their necks go on forever, experience with my line has proven that once the develop full bodies that appearance disappears at 5 to 6 months. The wait seem far to long in most cases but worth it in the end.

I'm no expert, I think they all look pretty. The black roo in your 1st post looks like a keeper.
Your Partridge hen in your last post is such a cutie.

Your Silkies are evil.

Chickenioux:
hugs.gif
I feel for you, hope you find some new silkies.

I showed 3 blue silkie pullets at the Silkie National this last November in Tenn. All 3 where equally nice in my eye. The judge chose the darkest one as Best Variety and the other two took 2nd RV and 3rd. Don't count out darker blue Silkies, you never know what the judge likes
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom