Silkie question

FlowerDragon

In the Brooder
Jul 10, 2022
I have three silkies that I'm confused about. The black has a lot of gold leakage on it's head and neck. The pied one I was expecting something more mottled, and the spangled, I was expecting something more like the silver spangled hamburg.

Will the black lose the gold, or is it really a partridge?

Does the pied look like it has mottled gene, or am I just really mistaken on what I thought it was going to look like?

Is the spangled right or is it a mix of something?

Any input is much appreciated! 😀

Attachments

• InCollage_20220918_182348024.jpg
    InCollage_20220918_182348024.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 8
I have three silkies that I'm confused about. The black has a lot of gold leakage on it's head and neck. The pied one I was expecting something more mottled, and the spangled, I was expecting something more like the silver spangled hamburg.

Will the black lose the gold, or is it really a partridge?

Does the pied look like it has mottled gene, or am I just really mistaken on what I thought it was going to look like?

Is the spangled right or is it a mix of something?

Any input is much appreciated! 😀
The “black” is black with leakage (which is a pretty common Silkie color), probably black x partridge. The other two are pretty much partridge.

From what I can tell I agree with @RoostersAreAwesome.
😊
More photos would help.
I believe pied and mottled are essentially the same. Mottled being the word used most with chickens. These are not normal Silkie colors though you may find these with some project breeders.

Back
Top Bottom