Silkie question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mammabuckbuck, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I do not know what you paid, and they are too young to tell quality, except to say that none have vaulted skulls. I would express displeasure as the one with yellow legs is CERTAINLY not pure silke, and for the sake of the sellers reputation, she should be willing to exchange that chick or at the very least, provide a pure silkie chick at half the cost.

2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Songster

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    [​IMG] people like that really [​IMG] [​IMG]

and they are for a little girl too. Do you have an incubator ?

3. Mammabuckbuck

Mammabuckbuck In the Brooder

Feb 1, 2011
    Cache bay
    Vaulted skulls????? What should i be looking for when looking for a pure breed?

Yes I do have an incubator.....I am currently incubating buff orpringtons, and light/dark brahmas.....new incubator on the way...have to many orders to keep up...lol

4. Mammabuckbuck

Feb 1, 2011
    Cache bay
    by the way she was a private seller...and assured me they where pure....my daughter paid 5$ a chick for the little fluffs.....she has been waiting a year to find a breeder in our area....now she is very upset [​IMG] and I am furious that she will not exchange or refund [​IMG]

I guess I will not purchase 2 gray silkies from her when her next batch hatches

5. chickendales

chickendales Songster

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    where u from maybe we help u find something

6. Mammabuckbuck

Feb 1, 2011
    Cache bay
    I live in Canada, Ontario, 4.5 hours north of Toronto....Been pretty hard to find Silkies around here....I would appreciate any help.....[​IMG]

7. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Songster

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    canada [​IMG] sorry I can't send eggs there. otherwise I could help you out [​IMG]

8. Mammabuckbuck

Feb 1, 2011
    Cache bay
    its okay....I have contacted a breeder 6 hours from me and he may send me some fertilized eggs...he usually only sells live chicks...I had to drive down there to pick up my day olds last time.....I guess he is taking pity on me cause i told him my story....he is a reputable breeder....and said if he has any eggs left at the end of march he will sell me some...... [​IMG]

now lest hope he has some left

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: