Silkie Roo shakes head, tilts head, and loses balance while shaking

Alicrawf914

In the Brooder
Sep 7, 2020
My Silkie Roo is shaking his head and tilting it to one side a little bit this morning and if he shakes his body, he loses balance. What could be wrong? He seems and looks normal otherwise.

Did he by chance get pecked or whacked on the head by someone or something? My silkie hen would exhibit the same symptoms every so often, spinning in circles, head tilting, etc. I found it was being cause by getting pecked on the head by another bully hen while she was trying to eat/drink, since she was at the bottom of the pecking order.

My Silkie Roo is shaking his head and tilting it to one side a little bit this morning and if he shakes his body, he loses balance. What could be wrong? He seems and looks normal otherwise.
It is possible he could have hit his head on something. What did you do for your hen?

She would need some time by herself to recover, away from everyone else for a few hours. Silkies have thinner skulls, hence why they are more susceptible to head injuries.
Is your roo still eating, drinking, pooping normally?
Yeah, he seems to be normal besides his head tilting/losing balance

It is possible he could have hit his head on something. What did you do for your hen?
How old is he?

Can you please post some photos?
Have you looked inside his ears to make sure there's no infection?
Check him well for lice and mites too.

What do you feed?
I would give him vitamin E (400IU) along with 1/4 Tablet B-Complex for a few days too.

Back
Top Bottom