Silkie Rooster Brooding Attempts

DrinkTheRainbow

Songster
9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Altoona, Wisconsin
MUAHAHA! So, our silly hen hasn't been warming up her eggs, but she's still laying. It's been pretty cold so I found my silkie roo and put him on the eggs. He kept on fidgeting around not sitting on them then I put the eggs under him and he stayed. He started putting bedding onto him and started pecking you if you tried moving the eggs. MUAHAHA! I hope he's still sitting on those eggs!

That is too cute! You should get a picture of your broody daddy.

I caught my banty columbian wyandotte sitting on some eggs the other day. I thought how funny it would be if he actually sat them long enough to hatch. Of course as I was thinking that he got off the nest and wandered off. It's hard to imagine a rooster sitting long enough to hatch them, but if I've learned anything on this forum it's that nothing is impossible when it comes to chickens.

-S

Well, the momma came back and I was happy and sad. The mom is a Thai and there are two other Thai Roosters in there too, but there is this one rooster that breeds with everyone. So, I hope her babies are pure. The silkie got shunned lol He's all the way across the other side of the pen with no one.

Back
Top Bottom