Silkie Rooster Brooding Attempts

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DrinkTheRainbow, Jun 23, 2011.

1. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    MUAHAHA! So, our silly hen hasn't been warming up her eggs, but she's still laying. It's been pretty cold so I found my silkie roo and put him on the eggs. He kept on fidgeting around not sitting on them then I put the eggs under him and he stayed. He started putting bedding onto him and started pecking you if you tried moving the eggs. MUAHAHA! I hope he's still sitting on those eggs!

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    That is too cute! You should get a picture of your broody daddy.

3. Stingrayg4

Stingrayg4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I caught my banty columbian wyandotte sitting on some eggs the other day. I thought how funny it would be if he actually sat them long enough to hatch. Of course as I was thinking that he got off the nest and wandered off. It's hard to imagine a rooster sitting long enough to hatch them, but if I've learned anything on this forum it's that nothing is impossible when it comes to chickens.

-S

4. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    Well, the momma came back and I was happy and sad. The mom is a Thai and there are two other Thai Roosters in there too, but there is this one rooster that breeds with everyone. So, I hope her babies are pure. The silkie got shunned lol He's all the way across the other side of the pen with no one.

5. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Quote:aww poor guy!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by