Silkie saga

The 200mcg should be fine, at least I think so. Yes they get leary after a while, they know when they are being medicated! :D
So I was reading that chickens can get and OD of selenium, and that egg has a safe amount if selenium to feed them. There were 11 chicks plus a rooster that shared the 200mcg so I'm sure they are fine, I haven't seen what the side effects are yet of getting too much, I'll find that today. I can always mix some scrambled egg with the mash, I'm sure they won't mind.

The chicks are next to my rooster's bachelor pad, he's been enjoying them. By the second day he already knew where to wait for his breakfast he shares with them. Also, one of the silkies roosts against the wire next to him, has been since the first night.

Attachments

• 20230609_070243.jpg
    20230609_070243.jpg
    824.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230607_211420.jpg
    20230607_211420.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 8
So I was reading that chickens can get and OD of selenium, and that egg has a safe amount if selenium to feed them. There were 11 chicks plus a rooster that shared the 200mcg so I'm sure they are fine, I haven't seen what the side effects are yet of getting too much, I'll find that today. I can always mix some scrambled egg with the mash, I'm sure they won't mind.

The chicks are next to my rooster's bachelor pad, he's been enjoying them. By the second day he already knew where to wait for his breakfast he shares with them. Also, one of the silkies roosts against the wire next to him, has been since the first night.
Aww....Always heart warming when they try and snuggle between wire. ❤ Very nice area for them!

I was heading to the garden to grab some herbs to use for dinner and looked over at the coop and saw a white fluff flattened out in the corner of the run, no movement. 🥺 I headed to the coop fearing the worst, hoping it wasn't the one female... I got about 10 feet away before a head popped up. Turned out they have dug a dust bath pit in the corner about 3" deep and two little silkies were side by side, hence why 'it' looked flattened. Whoofta! What a relief! Once I realized they were alive I snapped a picture 🤣

Attachments

• 20230615_184043.jpg
    20230615_184043.jpg
    802.8 KB · Views: 6
And... I'm not sure Einio is any better as far as balance goes, but she is definitely getting stronger about trying to avoid getting pills popped down her gullet. It's turning into a little battle trying to get a grip on her lower beak to get it open now. I hope this is a good sign!

Attachments

• 20230615_195404.jpg
    20230615_195404.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 12
I was heading to the garden to grab some herbs to use for dinner and looked over at the coop and saw a white fluff flattened out in the corner of the run, no movement. 🥺 I headed to the coop fearing the worst, hoping it wasn't the one female... I got about 10 feet away before a head popped up. Turned out they have dug a dust bath pit in the corner about 3" deep and two little silkies were side by side, hence why 'it' looked flattened. Whoofta! What a relief! Once I realized they were alive I snapped a picture 🤣
You scared me, don't do that!! :lol:
He knows he's special 😁
He looks like a king! :love
And... I'm not sure Einio is any better as far as balance goes, but she is definitely getting stronger about trying to avoid getting pills popped down her gullet. It's turning into a little battle trying to get a grip on her lower beak to get it open now. I hope this is a good sign!
This IS a good sign! Fighting you means they are getting stronger. Keep doing what you are doing!! It can take a couple weeks to really heal up and after she will probably need a maintenance dosage for a while too. (A couple times a week instead of daily) I am glad she is doing better!

Dreaming of all the big things they'll accomplish in lofe, the bugs they'll eat the and places they'll wander.

Attachments

• 20230617_182216.jpg
    20230617_182216.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom