Silkie, Serama or Sebright..

U seem like u know what u're talking about, so let me ask u this...which one of these roosters has the least annoying or loud crow? I ask u this since I'm planning on buying them at a day old so there's a 50/50 chance I get a rooster. Keep in mind that he'll be staying in my bedroom so if I'm going to be awoken every morning at 5 am by a rooster crowing in my ear then I'm probably going to want to go with the one that makes the least noise.

U mentioned rehoming. Is that like taking in a rescue? My last rooster was a rescue and I would definitely do it again. So, if u or anyone else has a chicken (any breed) that needs rehoming right at this moment please let me know. Of course, that's if I haven't acquired one yet.

By the way, how docile are Silkies? Like I said before, I like a bird with some sort of personality and I'm not sure Silkies would be interactive enough for my liking. They are one of my favorites though.
My serama rooster (only rooster out of five eggs) had a higher pitched crow than other roosters, but it was very shrill. My sebright rooster had a nicer sounding crow, though still loud. Though it all depends on the individual- I haven’t had enough experience to say anything certain about those breeds’ crowing. Getting an adult bird would probably give you a better idea of that.
I see, I assumed from your posts that you were going to get a rooster.

Yes. I don’t have any chickens needing rehoming, but there are ones in shelters (this website may help with that http://www.adoptabirdnetwork.com/), there are various farm sanctuaries, and Craigslist, of course.

I’ve heard that silkies are very docile, but I’ve never had one myself. I’ve only had one polish and that was a while ago, too. Keep in mind that silkies and polish are larger bantams, so around the size of a cochin bantam.

Last edited:
but idk abt sleeping with a chicken :lau:confused:

Did you mean to post pictures or links to something?
Oh wow. Lol. I was so tired while typing this that I fell asleep with my phone in my hand. Since I didn't click on "post" I wasn't even aware that it was there for all to see. Haha. I actually was feeling a bit aggravated about something and was about to say something I'm now glad I didn't finish saying.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention though.😉

My serama rooster (only rooster out of five eggs) had a higher pitched crow than other roosters, but it was very shrill. My sebright rooster had a nicer sounding crow, though still loud. Though it all depends on the individual- I haven’t had enough experience to say anything certain about those breeds’ crowing. Getting an adult bird would probably give you a better idea of that.

Yes. I don’t have any chickens needing rehoming, but there are ones in shelters (this website may help with that http://www.adoptabirdnetwork.com/), there are various farm sanctuaries, and Craigslist, of course.

I’ve heard that silkies are very docile, but I’ve never had one myself. I’ve only had one polish and that was a while ago, too. Keep in mind that silkies and polish are larger bantams, so around the size of a cochin bantam.
Thank u so much for the info.

I'm actually taking a look at the link u shared and it looks promising. Thanks & I'll let u know how that goes.

I'm going to disregard the bipolarshishness of it all by showing u exactly what I do. Take a look at these rescues... this is what I do

I actually was looking into the Silver Laced Polish because of their gorgeous plumage (as advertised on the site) and then I check on random pics on the internet and they don't look as cute.😕 May I see pics of ur chickens? Another concern is the flying that u mentioned. I'm ok with some flying as my quails occassionally do that. I'm just worried that these chickens are going to be flying onto the chandeliers or something.

Thank u for ur help, btw.
Yes I see your concern. Standards don't fly as much but are big with dig poo, my japaneses bantams don't fly as much as my other bantams. Are you wanting to see any of my chickens or a particular breed?

I know I'm late but my Cochin bantam s are small and very friendly, my rooster has not tried to spur me once. They lay small eggs but (mine) are consistent layers. My rooster crow is not really loud. We can't hear it from the house and the chicken coop is in the back yard. I love Cochin bantam s because they are floofy, and docile. About attitude, I have a hen named Rebel Hen because of her attitude. The roos (when I had three) would round up the hens for bed time all of them would go up, but here comes Rebel Hen walking out of the coop. I swear they had to put her in the coop at least 5 times every night. Sometimes they just gave up and let her stay outside.
20210321_105724~2.jpg
20210329_194344.jpg
20210502_093200.jpg

Back
Top Bottom