silkie sexing

quote name="wyochickenlady" url="/t/579215/silkie-sexing/2490#post_13703120"]Here is my one and only silkie. What do you guys think it is?

[/quote]
Do ya kno the age? Very pretty ,white are my favorite!

@The Hustons
He/she does tend to stand fairly upright. I have a 10 week old jersey giant pullet...who is not a pullet. He tends to lay on the edge of the coop door at sunset and then lays on the floor facing the rest of the girls who are roosting at night. its hard to compare. The silkie is not at the bottom of the pecking order for sure, but I have 4 turkeys, 9 regulars, and 5 bantams, so its not hard for him to get a little rank ;)

I have these 3 little guys or girls, fingers crossed they are not roosters. They are all the same age, just over 4 weeks, but significantly different in sizes and general appearance. The blue and splash are about the same size but the buff is much smaller. The blue and splash also appear to have a "part" in their feathers around their heads but the buff just all runs together. The pics are not the best, let me know if I need to take better pics or different angles.

@The Hustons He/she does tend to stand fairly upright. I have a 10 week old jersey giant pullet...who is not a pullet. He tends to lay on the edge of the coop door at sunset and then lays on the floor facing the rest of the girls who are roosting at night. its hard to compare. The silkie is not at the bottom of the pecking order for sure, but I have 4 turkeys, 9 regulars, and 5 bantams, so its not hard for him to get a little rank ;)
Lol sounds like you have a nice variety !These guys are so tricky , it's very hard to day for sure! Mayb someone else will chime a vote ! Hope you get what you want !

I believe the one that is close to the camera is a rooster because he is bigger and has more feathering on top of his head and it is spiked out. The other in the back is more shy,smaller and doesn't have as much feathering up top,anyone ? They are a few months old now. Will try for better pics

Back
Top Bottom