silkie sexing

Little Mo's comb. Roo? Or no? Doesn't matter either way. He is staying! I love him/her! Mo is a little wild (wo)man! (S)He is like a little wind up car with feathers!

Last edited:
I bought 4 pullets from TSC back in April. I'm really starting to think they're Roo's. Well, at least 3 of them anyways. I cannot have roosters where I live, and honestly I don't want them. I got chickens for the eggs. Can someone confirm what these are please? I also just bought four 9 month old buff orpingtons that are all laying 1 egg per day.

IMG_20140624_195645_222.jpg

IMG_20140624_195630_187.jpg

I have partridge Silkie hens that have red on the wings. I really feel that this is something that one would start to recognise in their own line but not necessarily applicable to all partridge silkies.

These are all pullets, so I don't I think that I could apply that theory to my line.

Any chance this Partridge Silkie is a hen? I think I already know the answer, but want some other opinion before "s-he" gets swapped. I think "Mojito" is about 12 wks Thanks Thor Old pics about 7wks?
Sorry, but he is a rooster. The comb and wattle size suggest a roo, plus he has the typical rooster feathering for partridge colored roosters.

I have partridge Silkie hens that have red on the wings. I really feel that this is something that one would start to recognise in their own line but not necessarily applicable to all partridge silkies.

These are all pullets, so I don't I think that I could apply that theory to my line.
This is great, new hope
big_smile.png
, the red wing feathering that starts coming through on my partridge looks just like in the above pic. (though mine is much darker over all so it's definitely not the same line however still hope for 'it' to be a pullet
fl.gif
. Thank you so much for sharing this.

I have always thought Little Mo was a roo buy I am not sure. His/her head feathers, though sparce, are growing in all over and every which a way! 2hat do you think? He/she is a much more rambunctious personality then Buddha.....then again she is a buddha! Lol!
Bump Roo or no? TIA!

I am having the hardest time trying to sex my 4ish month old silkie! Almost looks like a comb coming in but not sure!

Back
Top Bottom