silkie sexing

Pics
I was thinking #2 or B might be a boy .... the comb looks like it has spikier bits streamers??? and #3 or C I wasn't sure as the comb is red? Do silkies get red combs??? And the Blue acts like a boy .... but now as I said the pouf is round and POUFY....

I was thinking #2 or B might be a boy .... the comb looks like it has spikier bits streamers??? and #3 or C I wasn't sure as the comb is red? Do silkies get red combs??? And the Blue acts like a boy .... but now as I said the pouf is round and POUFY....
Now that I look again, yes I think 2 might be a cockerel, due to the streamers I see developing.
It's so hard to tell, all your silkies have such rounded crests!
Yes, silkies can get red combs. With #3 you'll just have to watch its size, to see if it gets wider or bigger.

Can you get a good comb shot of the blue one?

can we get a guess of this pic? not the best I realize battery died
roll.png

red is a boy obviously lol Thanks to those that gave me a heads up early on him you were 100% correct now white....

in the back ground

side view

crown not really its more so flat on greyish on top, but she/he is a *****, simply put this silkie has a ***** personality and I NEVER thought a chicken could have personality as a first timer I love my chickens and find it funny how much they do have. we have 1 *****, a stupid but kind chicken, a very curious one, a follower to the curious 1 )and 2 trouble makers chickens too. lol. So many different personalities non of which shout roo's or pullets to us cus Red the oldest and for a Roo he is the gentlest of all the chickens we have. Him and our kitten play together. ( both are the same age though)

But what do you think of White here?
thanks

Now that I look again, yes I think 2 might be a cockerel, due to the streamers I see developing.
It's so hard to tell, all your silkies have such rounded crests!
Yes, silkies can get red combs. With #3 you'll just have to watch its size, to see if it gets wider or bigger.

Can you get a good comb shot of the blue one?
I know everyday I look at these silkies and think girl , no boy wait girl..... I have a 4th white with a pretty red comb who crowed once but hasn't since so I am calling him a boy ..... So confused.

Here are the best comb shots that I have 3 of #1 and 1 of the red comb :

Silke 1 or A

Red Comb Silkie 3 or C

So, I posted some pics of my two silkies a few weeks ago wondering about their sex. I have some new pics to post. If any one has an opinion on what sex they might be, that would be great. These are my very first silkies, so I don't know much about sexing them.

Chick #1 - Marshmallow 12 weeks

Chick #2 - Georgia Peach 11 weeks

I know everyday I look at these silkies and think girl , no boy wait girl..... I have a 4th white with a pretty red comb who crowed once but hasn't since so I am calling him a boy ..... So confused.

Here are the best comb shots that I have 3 of #1 and 1 of the red comb :

Silke 1 or A

Red Comb Silkie 3 or C
First one's a girl. For sure.

The second one....I say girl for now. Just watch the comb.

So, I posted some pics of my two silkies a few weeks ago wondering about their sex. I have some new pics to post. If any one has an opinion on what sex they might be, that would be great. These are my very first silkies, so I don't know much about sexing them.

Chick #1 - Marshmallow 12 weeks

Chick #2 - Georgia Peach 11 weeks

They both look like pullets to me! Congrats!

I love the first one. She is gorgeous. Where did you get her?

They both look like pullets to me! Congrats!

I love the first one. She is gorgeous. Where did you get her?
Yay! I hope so. I think you liked that chick last time I posted :) I got them from a lady in Gresham, OR. I found her on Craig's list,and I still have her email address saved somewhere in my inbox. The mom was a buff and the dad a splash. They're a mish-mash.

Guess Im just going to jump in here with some pictures. The first ones are of 8 week old chicks. I am sending 6 of them and may send a few more later. I have a couple I know pretty much are cockerels...thank for your opinions :)

Chick one

Chick 2

Chick3

chick 4

chick 6

Back
Top Bottom