silkie sexing

I think you are correct.

I thought I had gotten them wrong
1f602.png
they are about 4-5 months old the white silkie (which I will take pics of later) is about 5-6 months old

A bearded white, non-bearded white and a non-bearded partridge. (They were raised under the same hen and I was told they were siblings. Could siblings be this different?) They are 5-6 weeks old. Any ideas on gender?

This one (A) is now 16 weeks old, would say rooster.

The white one (B) is now 20 weeks (I say girl?) and the little buff one on the left (C)

The white one again

What are your thoughts please?

Oh no! I will try to post some more tonight I really really hope the buff isn't a roo. But I have kind of been wondering except the buff is the smallest of the silkies I hatched and his/her comb is nowhere near as developed as the partridge which I'm sure is a roo. I also have three whites that I'm not sure of their sex unfortunately as they age its harder for me to tell them apart

Is anyone able to sex these Silkie chicks? They're 1 day shy of being 4 weeks old..... There are 3 black chicks, 1 Partridge and 1 White..... I strongly suspect the White Silkie and Doo (black chick #3) are boys... The white chick is huge compared to the others... The other 3 I am really unsure of but also suspect one of the remaining 2 black chicks is also a boy any thoughts?

Funky Black Silkie #1

Punky Black Silkie #2

Doo Black Silkie #3

Zinger Partridge Silkie

Twister White Silkie

All together

Apologies for the pics not being great they were not happy I removed them for photos.... will also update this in a couple of weeks I expect they'll have changed alot by then :)

I think you need to wait a little longer to see for sure. If the white is larger then the others and the same age then it's safe to assume it's a roo. Hard to tell with the others ones though since a lot of there feathers haven't came in.

Back
Top Bottom