silkie sexing

These are about 5 months... Need gender help!
First one...

Second...

First time Mama here... I have 9 13 week old babies from a hatchery straight-run and I'm totally lost on who's who... :oops:

I know it's a waiting game for the most part (I have inklings about a couple chickies [Frankie & Biggie]) but any thoughts would be much appreciated! TIA!
(Apologies for photo quality)

Last edited:
First time Mama here... I have 9 13 week old babies from a hatchery straight-run and I'm totally lost on who's who... :oops:

I know it's a waiting game for the most part (I have inklings about a couple chickies [Frankie & Biggie]) but any thoughts would be much appreciated! TIA!
(Apologies for photo quality)

Bucky and tiny look like pullets to me

It's official... I heard crowing this morning! I have to find out who it is and then decide to pen him separately or send him to a new home... :(

Also... there were two who were tussling pretty badly this morning (as I was about to leave for work) the aggressor was chomping down on the back of the other's neck and the victim was bleeding from its ear/neck, foot and comb. And it continued to find it and attack it, so I had to quickly separate them by putting the injured one in the closed coop and the other in the fenced in area - all with food/water. So I don't know if the aggressor is a male and was merely trying to assert dominance orrrr if it's trying to mate??

This is the feisty one >:eek:

Thoughts? TIA!

It's official... I heard crowing this morning! I have to find out who it is and then decide to pen him separately or send him to a new home... :(

Also... there were two who were tussling pretty badly this morning (as I was about to leave for work) the aggressor was chomping down on the back of the other's neck and the victim was bleeding from its ear/neck, foot and comb. And it continued to find it and attack it, so I had to quickly separate them by putting the injured one in the closed coop and the other in the fenced in area - all with food/water. So I don't know if the aggressor is a male and was merely trying to assert dominance orrrr if it's trying to mate??

This is the feisty one >:eek:

Thoughts? TIA!

That's a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom