silkie sexing

This is my 6th and last Silkie
:)

Here are my Silkies - about 5 months old from what I have found out - adopted them from someone who's farm was closing. These are the best pictures of my white one "Snow White", lovingly named by the children. I will get better pics of the buff one, "Emma" tomorrow and post on here... Let me know what you think of Snow White

Here are my Silkies - about 5 months old from what I have found out - adopted them from someone who's farm was closing. These are the best pictures of my white one "Snow White", lovingly named by the children. I will get better pics of the buff one, "Emma" tomorrow and post on here... Let me know what you think of Snow White

welcome-byc.gif
It appears that Snow White is a rooster.

I had a feeling Snow White was after the last two weeks! He has been more protective and bossy, with me and our other one! I live in a town that does not allow roosters so this is slightly heartbreaking. Not sure what we will do but I am praying we can keep him!

How about this one? I thought it was a girl, has never crowed and no eggs, but it makes all of the same sounds as my layers (bock, bock, bock). However, yesterday I saw this one mount another pullet! These 2 are at the bottom of the pecking order and yesterday I put 3 of my babies in a pen right next to theirs. One of my babies is most definitely a rooster (crows, puffs up, protects the other 2). What is going on? Is 'she' a roo???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom