silkie sexing

Here's a picture of the supposed boys comb, at 5 months.

Still crossing my fingers that he is a boy...

hi, i know it's tough to tell when young if hen/roo, but a couple of my 3 week old chicks have legs about twice as thick as everyone else's, just wondering if that might be an indication of things to come? I know it wouldn't be a for sure thing, just wondering.... waiting game takes forever!!! lol
barnie.gif

Hello everyone! i need some help sexing one of my silkies. I bought it a few months back at a show and the owner said it was a hen. Well today i went out to feed and found it crowing....to me it doesn't look like a rooster as i have a rooster that has the big comb and wattles. This one has no wattles and a very hard to see comb. My silkie roo tries to mount this silkie so i have no clue what it is. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

Hello everyone! i need some help sexing one of my silkies. I bought it a few months back at a show and the owner said it was a hen. Well today i went out to feed and found it crowing....to me it doesn't look like a rooster as i have a rooster that has the big comb and wattles. This one has no wattles and a very hard to see comb. My silkie roo tries to mount this silkie so i have no clue what it is. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

I would say hen .... How old ??? I know partridge have gender specific coloring..... I'm never sure what the pattern is per gender but I'm sure someone will weigh in ...
I do have 1 partridge blue but her brown is hard to see ... She crowed just before she started laying! Also my scrappiest hen has decided that she should crow! I MEAN!!!!

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.
I have had silkie chicks for seven weeks now and I can still hold them in my hand.
I have been feeding them chick starter and vitamins that the breeder gave me but they are still tiny. Help! Can u tell the gen

der too?
Btw the second one is a showgirl.

I would say hen .... How old ??? I know partridge have gender specific coloring..... I'm never sure what the pattern is per gender but I'm sure someone will weigh in ...
I do have 1 partridge blue but her brown is hard to see ... She crowed just before she started laying! Also my scrappiest hen has decided that she should crow! I MEAN!!!!

i am not sure on age but i know its under a year old. i am hoping it is a hen but either way i am going to keep him/her.

Going to post this here too, these are hatchery babies, between 4 and 5 weeks.

(the little black one is very passive/ submissive, I got the three of them at the same time but I think she was much younger than they are, shes still the smallest and prefers to burrow under the nearest chicky. She's at least 4 weeks old though). The partridge is usually pretty indifferent.

The white one acts rooish, he yells at me when I take another chick out of the brooder, he comes to investigate first, he's about twice the size of the little black one but I do believe he's a week or 2 older. His neck is almost always stretched out, my pup had just walked up so while checking her out he ducked it in.

Back
Top Bottom