silkie sexing

I have 4 TSC silkies between 6&8 weeks old I'd guess. They are all about the same size except one and his head feathers are definitely different what I'm wondering is does that mean the other 3 are hens? The 1st pick is two of the three look a likes and the next two pics are "Gus"

Just got off you tube and they make it seem simple to sex them looking at there shaft and before I go picking up my babies to look at their bumm what do Ya say lol

Last edited:
I've seen many pics here of silkies at various ages.. I'm curious, .......what age is a realistic time to accurately start sexing them?

Worried I have 3 Roosters. What do y'all think?

Chick A

Chick B

Chick C

I've seen many pics here of silkies at various ages.. I'm curious, .......what age is a realistic time to accurately start sexing them?

Not sure, but this is a very good question. I had a week old one go after my finger this morning. I'm going to tag him and see how he turns out. :)

Update on my little Fuzzy butts. They are about 7-8 weeks old. Neither one has combs. I am new to silkies, and am not sure of how to sex these little ones. Hoping that both are pullets.

So far they both look like pullets. That could still change though. I love your smooth sizzle! Super cute
I hope they keep on that track! My Calico Cochins I got at the same time ended up being cockerels. I have what I consider some friendly birds, but these 2 will happily sit in my lap and nap. My daughters named them Dandelion and Fluff
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom