silkie sexing

Not sure how old she (still hoping :p) is. I got her almost 5 weeks ago and the associate said maybe two weeks? So possibly 6-7 weeks old. She's one of my first chickens so i have no idea what typical behavior is for a roo versus a hen. The more I watch her I keep thinking she might be a he...

I am pretty sure that Winter is a Roo. He is about 4 weeks here. He loves to pick and chest bump, he dares not mess with the Porcelain he is the oldest Roo by 3weeks.

I have a blue Silkie and a black Silkie. They are being raised with two Japanese White with Black Tail Bantams. These pics might not be enough to tell the sex of each, but I already know that my larger (still very tiny) Japanese chicks is a roo because of his vigilance when they are let out of their coop. He rounds them up and gets between them and me when I try to take pictures.

I will try to get more pics a bit later. They are all 6 weeks old.

Here are mine and I hope somebody can help! All 4-5 weeks old. I numbered them so it'd be easier to tell them apart on the thread. Number 2 is a Silkie/Polish Cross! If anybody has any clue on these guy's it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm too impatient to wait till they crow! haha

Back
Top Bottom