silkie sexing

Can someone please help me to figure out if my 18 week old Blue Silkie is a hen or a rooster? I am really hoping that it is a hen. She is such a sweetheart and on the timid side, lower on the pecking order. She always comes right up to me when I am around and loves to be pet. :) I have had 4 silkies and the other 3 turned out to be roosters.

Any opinions as to hen or rooster here? I am really hoping that it's a Hen! Please let me know if you need any other views of him/her.

[COLOR=333333]Can someone please help me to figure out if my 18 week old Blue Silkie is a hen or a rooster? I am really hoping that it is a hen. She is such a sweetheart and on the timid side, lower on the pecking order. She always comes right up to me when I am around and loves to be pet. :) I have had 4 silkies and the other 3 turned out to be roosters. [/COLOR]
I would say pullet.

This is Phyllis (partridge) and Goldie (buff). They are around 10 weeks old from what I was told. I see no sign of a comb at all on either. Was I lucky enough to get two pullets?

Looks like it to me, but it's a little hard to tell. :) I guess the don't have streamers?

Any guesses on my two silkies? ...Willow & Beast. They are both 10 weeks. They're kinda dirty and their heads are a bit crusty in these pics..sorry.

Got 3 Leghorns and 3 Silkies and the person I got them from said they were all girls but I have a feeling this one is a roo. This one is always trying to pick a fight and acts like it owns the place. Anyone know?
1f610.png
1f62c.png

We have 4 silkies,

Cleo (we think "she" is a roo)

Delilah (we think she's a hen)

Bumble (she and Cleo have frizzle feathers)

Duck (she is the only one with the fuzzy silkie feathering)

They're about 6-7 weeks old.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom