silkie sexing

Hen or roo?

Any ideas on this approximately 3 months old black bearded silkie? He/She/It (or Tribble) is my calmest silkie (I have a white non-bearded that I'm pretty sure is a roo) I'm also a first-time-silkie-owner so I might be wrong about the other one. Sorry I couldn't get a picture of Tribble standing but I did get an Ok one of her running so I hope that helps. I didn't get it in any of the pictures but Tribble has one of the smallest silkie combs I've ever seen, its about one centimeter long.

^She is panicking a bit so she is probably exaggerating her stance.

Last edited:
Any ideas on this approximately 3 months old black bearded silkie? He/She/It (or Tribble) is my calmest silkie (I have a white non-bearded that I'm pretty sure is a roo) I'm also a first-time-silkie-owner so I might be wrong about the other one. Sorry I couldn't get a picture of Tribble standing but I did get an Ok one of her running so I hope that helps. I didn't get it in any of the pictures but Tribble has one of the smallest silkie combs I've ever seen, its about one centimeter long. ^She is panicking a bit so she is probably exaggerating her stance.
Compared to Dmarra81's silkie, Tribble has rounder tail feathers and slightly rounder crest. Leaning towards pullet for you :D

So still unsure of what my silkie is and no one has even been able to give me help or at least guess/suggest on what my silkie is, i would really like to know ahead of time as if he/she turns out to be a roo,we will need to prepare to buy crow prevention collar as i live in a city area that allows chickens, but a more quiet neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom