Silkie/Silkie Mix?? Where is the tail of my Silkie??

Scubadeaux

Songster
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
South Louisiana
Hey guys, hatched my first batch ever, Silkies. Bought two batches, one from a breeder, and one set from a family farm that said they were from a 4-H project. These guys are about 4 weeks old.

The Silkies from the breeder are feathering out great, and these guys are too, just a little different...One has no tail?? Or a very small one??

Does this look like a Silkie, or mixed with something?? Where is the fluffy butt?? Has huge leg and foot feathers, is beautiful, but not sure what I am looking at...

55327_silkiebutt2.jpg

I didn't want to have a heavy load time on the page, so if anyone needs another shot let me know...

idunno.gif

Hmm that does not look like a silkie at all:-( The heavy feathering and "black skin"??? could be a silkie mix? Does it have black skin from head to toe? How many toes?

It looks like it has some silkie feathering, but the wing feathers and foot feathering definately aren't silkie. I'd say if it has no tail and by that coloring it looks like a silkie araucana cross. I can see the dark skin, the feathered legs, and I can easily imagine the silkie in it. So I'm sticking with my original thought upon seeing the photo silkie/rumpless araucana cross.

Thank you all for your reply...that is what I was thinking..and actually hoping for...a surprise!!
jumpy.gif

I am bringing the guys in the yard tomorrow, will post a few more pics.

They are definitely mixed with something!!!!

tongue.png

Thank you all for your replies!! It does have black skin and 5 toes, and somewhat of a bump on the tail. But much less than the others. And the leg and foot feathers are huge!

55327_funnybird3.jpg
55327_funnybird2.jpg

I love this little mixed guy, although it seems to have some balance problems, tips forward sometimes. Otherwise just a really interesting looking bird
I graduated them to their new pin outside today.

Thank you for your input..looking forward to how this one grows up!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom