Silkie Thread! Talk about your Silkies and post pics of your Silkies

Beak A Poo just hatched 12/28/13, the other hatchlings are 2 Sizzles, also greyish color. Beak A Poo has 5 toes on each side, so do both of the Sizzles, and all are black skin. They fit inside of a toilet paper roll so we put it in their "brooder box" to play with. The first baby Silkie toy! We are so proud!

this is my very first silkie!!! she had some broken feathers etc when i got her ..and she was quite squimish , but i loved her up then gave her a bath and blow dry which she seemed to enjoy , she has calmed right on down ..and now i am in love with this chicken! i must have more ... i need to raise babies! o this may sound silly but do yall wash ur silkies ? i would think the white especially gets dingy easily ..

I kind of wondered that.. she or he does not have spurs and is supposed to be about a year old but they guy I got it from isn't sure bc he only had her about a week .. but he said its a hen .. hard to tell.. now im confused

I got a jar of meal worms yesterday,thinking I could start training my babies to come to me when I walk in the pen, they are almost 8 weeks old now. OMG they love those things!! Had them eating out of my hands in less than a minute.....Something I noticed.......I have 4 Sizzles and 2 Silkies....all the Sizzles peck with deadly accuracy while the two Silkies miss the worm most of the time....are my Silkies near sighted !!?....their view dosn't seem to be obstructed by feathers...

Back
Top Bottom