Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. sager:)silkies

sager:)silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    silver silkie im goin to italy in 2 weeks maybe u can teach me some words [​IMG]
  2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

So what do you guys think? I am learning this new computer program, I am used to drawing by hand on paper with pencils, so the computer drawing is new to me! This is a half hour doodle I worked on a bit ago trying to work on smoothing and adding detail/texture to my silkie drawings...

C'mon tell me what I need work on! (I know the feet, LOL I hard forgot about the feet until the last minute and got bored. - I know bad Jessy
  3. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
  4. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Good job, Jessy! More feathering on the middle toe! :)
  5. SilverSilkie

SilverSilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

Certo, dire ciao a tutte le belle ragazze da me ;-)
  6. SilverSilkie

Impeccabile !
  7. SilverSilkie

Those stips on the head that give the "leopard" pattern is called the chick is helmed
  8. peepblessed

9. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    Just had the Silkie babies out for photos. Not happy having their pictures taken. They would much prefer to be cuddled. But these photos are a little better than the ones I posted the other day.
    I am confused about their colors. Two eggs were marked "PA" which I thought Karen had told me was paint. I know paint does not breed true, so I have no idea how these will turn out! Pretty sure they won't look paint though. So one of the paints looks black and I may even have the black and paint confused. I was trying hard to keep them all straight as they hatched, making notes, but when they dried they looked different! The egg marked blue/splash I'm sure who hatched out of there, but this baby looks a lot bluer than splash. So may turn out blue, maybe splash on a blue background? Who knows? I guess the fun will be the journey of discovery. I love them all.

I did email Karen from Catdance to see if she had a moment to respond to a couple of my questions about color. I'm sure she's busy, but we'll see.

So here they are! I believe this is one from a mystery "PA" egg. Love the attitude!

This is the other "PA" chick. No idea.

Here's my blue splash baby (maybe vaulted skull) - who had to work VERY hard to get out of her shell. She's valiant! (and she had just stepped in poo - sorry!)

Pretty sure this is my vaulted skull black baby

Definitely the vaulted skull Lavender baby

And lastly, my beautiful porcelain sweetie. [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  10. peepblessed

First one looks blue or black. Second is partirdge. You are correct about the vaults. Very nice chicks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by