Silkie thread!

I just got my 1st silkies!!!!
wee.gif
I have 5 right now with 4 more coming with some sebrights next week
celebrate.gif

One of them has a muff/beard and crest and acts like a boy.....he sits away from the other 4 like he is on guard, watches them eat, sleep and all he seems to do is prune himself....O yea, he chased away a huge fly that invaded their brooder the other day, all the others ran like crazy away form it...like it was a hawk and not a fly they could probably eat, though it was a huge mutant fly, it was hysterical...he took off after it, chasing it around jumping at it, not trying to eat it, trying to spur it (I think haha) until it flew the coop, he looked so proud of himself and promptly started preening
lau.gif
way too funny, and just like a man :) could be a dominate girl though as they are only 4 days old...but I'm going with boy for now :)
here are some pictures!!!!

Sorry about the color...my camera is on the fritz!!! and their wet feet...this is right after I got them and their box had been soaked by the rain...Poor things...but they did not seem to mind...they are tougher than I thought!

wee.gif
celebrate.gif

One of them has a muff/beard and crest and acts like a boy.....he sits away from the other 4 like he is on guard, watches them eat, sleep and all he seems to do is prune himself....O yea, he chased away a huge fly that invaded their brooder the other day, all the others ran like crazy away form it...like it was a hawk and not a fly they could probably eat, though it was a huge mutant fly, it was hysterical...he took off after it, chasing it around jumping at it, not trying to eat it, trying to spur it (I think haha) until it flew the coop, he looked so proud of himself and promptly started preening
lau.gif
way too funny, and just like a man :) could be a dominate girl though as they are only 4 days old...but I'm going with boy for now :)

Sorry about the color...my camera is on the fritz!!! and their wet feet...this is right after I got them and their box had been soaked by the rain...Poor things...but they did not seem to mind...they are tougher than I thought!
Adorable babies!!!! Is it the spotty head one that you think is a roo?

wee.gif
celebrate.gif

lau.gif

Hysterical story! Thanks for sharing!
lau.gif

Are silkies nice birds? If i got a rooster would it attack my other sebright hens? Could I breed a silkie rooster to my sebright hens? Thanks you guys seem to love your silkies :)

wee.gif
celebrate.gif

lau.gif

Congrats on your first silkies! I started with 4 two years ago and now I have lots...and looking for more. lol
So which one is the "fly slayer" chick? lol

Are silkies nice birds? If i got a rooster would it attack my other sebright hens? Could I breed a silkie rooster to my sebright hens? Thanks you guys seem to love your silkies :)
We don't just love silkies, I think we're a little obsessed with silkies! lol
My opinion is that silkies are VERY nice birds. I don't know anything about sebrights but I'm sure you could put a silkie rooster in with your hens and it shouldn't be a problem. Especially if he's the only rooster.

Back
Top Bottom