Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. annabell254

annabell254 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2012
    south Ga
    He is the ridiculously fluffy cream colored 'little man' on the far Left...He is in the same place in all picts...watching over them like he does haha what a good chick no evil flys will get his flock [​IMG]

2. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Good day, took some fresh pics of my baby. 7 weeks old now. How does he/she look as far as standard development? Should her head be fluffier?[​IMG]

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I looked at some photos of my chicks at 7 weeks and yours looks about average. I don't see any sign of it being a boy yet. Hope that's good. :)

4. Puddin Fluff

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Thanks! As I said before, this is our first and only and I am not sure what I am looking for to determine gender. We would prefer a girl as we have a roo overload with our Favorelle hatch. Amazingly we had 15 eggs, hatched 12 and have a 6 boy and 6 girl split[​IMG].

5. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Oh, I love faverolles too! I have some very interesting crosses. Well 2... The one in my avie... and her bro who I named UB... LOL I don't think I showed ya'll him...

Here he is.
    [​IMG]

And those devil horns... They are still there. HAHA. So totally different looking than his full sister..

6. Puddin Fluff

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Interesting mixes. I am just glad that Birdie-Num-Nums (my daughter named the silkie) is a tough silkie. She will stand up to the Fav Roos, and even tried to take on our Hens, but she lost that battle.[​IMG]

7. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

The beak shape on your chick looks feminine so if you are hoping for a girl you don't want to see that comb grow hardly at all for the next 2 months!

8. NovaAman

annabell, congrats on the chicks... They are so cute! I almost want to say I can't wait for Leila to be broody again, but she really needs to fatten up some more first..

9. Puddin Fluff

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    My daughter will be glad to hear that. She is a fighter and won't back down from the bigger birds, but is also snuggly and will sleep in your lap. We will be watching her face closely as my daughter wants her "afro" to grow in.

10. NovaAman

Ha, thats a funny way to put it. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by