Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. 3ChickensinNC

3ChickensinNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    on the coast
    j

Wait another week or two and before you know it there little head fur will really pop. Mine just turned 8 weeks and really have feathered out like crazy. I have one boy and still deciding onbthe other and I am leaning towards girl.

2. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    That would be nice to have a pair. We had hoped for more, but it didn't work out. Maybe next hatch.

3. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Oh yeah. Looks like there's quite a personality in there. lol

Your cat is beautiful! My ragdoll wanted to eat my blue pullet when I first brought her home. lol Or he wanted to have her for a play toy...one of the two. [​IMG] I didn't think it was as good of an idea as he did, of course.

4. ThaiChick

ThaiChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2011
    STL, Missouri

Adorable!

5. ThaiChick

Oct 13, 2011
    STL, Missouri

Me too!

6. ThaiChick

Oct 13, 2011
    STL, Missouri
    I'm totally bummed after going to a big animal swap today. I was hoping to find silkie hens there. I would like some other colors. Needless to say, I came home empty handed. :(

7. GoldBarRanch

GoldBarRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    I can totally feel your pain..... [​IMG] My mother used to say life isnt always fair and she was right. Tomarrow is a new blessed day and its filled with tons of little fuzzy butts needing a new home [​IMG]

8. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    LOL..Yes, he is here! It wasn't funny at the time but now looking back if anyone would have seen me they would have thought I was crazy! I heard a commotion buy the bushes. Henry must have called all the youngsters under the bush when he seen the hawk coming. I had seen the hawk on top of Henry so I go running over and realized I had a wooden spoon in my hand. Here I was all ready to take this hawk on with a wooden spoon! LOL

9. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    Very very rare this time of the year... This is breeding season for alot of people and there are only a few reasons they would get rid of females right now. Even the pet quality gals can be used as broodies. Right now you are seeing the egg-eaters, the extremely old ones that aren't producing anymore, or sometimes the ones that pull from their growout pens because they aren't good enough. Bet bet right now is to buy a box full of chicks from someone and hope to get a few girls out of the deal. Late fall is when most breeders narrow down on stock and sometimes you can pick up some decent pullets/hens then.

1 person likes this.
  10. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Theres so many pictures and I was behind by 100 posts this morning

So let me say this :

Beautiful babies everyone! Lovely bunch of chicks, teens, and adults you all have and I am loving all the pictures!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by