Silkie thread!

Good day,  took some fresh pics of my baby.  7 weeks old now.  How does he/she look as far as standard development?  Should her head be fluffier?
j

Wait another week or two and before you know it there little head fur will really pop. Mine just turned 8 weeks and really have feathered out like crazy. I have one boy and still deciding onbthe other and I am leaning towards girl.

j
Wait another week or two and before you know it there little head fur will really pop. Mine just turned 8 weeks and really have feathered out like crazy. I have one boy and still deciding onbthe other and I am leaning towards girl.
That would be nice to have a pair. We had hoped for more, but it didn't work out. Maybe next hatch.

He is the ridiculously fluffy cream colored 'little man' on the far Left...He is in the same place in all picts...watching over them like he does haha what a good chick no evil flys will get his flock
lau.gif
Oh yeah. Looks like there's quite a personality in there. lol

My Ragdoll cat, "Austria" with my new arrival house chicken, porcelain Silkie chick, "Jessica"

Your cat is beautiful! My ragdoll wanted to eat my blue pullet when I first brought her home. lol Or he wanted to have her for a play toy...one of the two.
lol.png
I didn't think it was as good of an idea as he did, of course.

I just got my 1st silkies!!!!:weee  I have 5 right now with 4 more coming with some sebrights next week :celebrate
One of them has a muff/beard and crest and acts like a boy.....he sits away from the other 4 like he is on guard, watches them eat, sleep and all he seems to do is prune himself....O yea, he chased away a huge fly that invaded their brooder the other day, all the others ran like crazy away form it...like it was a hawk and not a fly they could probably eat, though it was a huge mutant fly, it was hysterical...he took off after it, chasing it around jumping at it, not trying to eat it, trying to spur it (I think haha) until it flew the coop, he looked so proud of himself and promptly started preening :lau   way too funny, and just like a man :) could be a dominate girl though as they are only 4 days old...but I'm going with boy for now :)
here are some pictures!!!!

Sorry about the color...my camera is on the fritz!!! and their wet feet...this is right after I got them and their box had been soaked by the rain...Poor things...but they did not seem to mind...they are tougher than I thought!

Adorable!

I'm totally bummed after going to a big animal swap today. I was hoping to find silkie hens there. I would like some other colors. Needless to say, I came home empty handed. :(

I'm totally bummed after going to a big animal swap today. I was hoping to find silkie hens there. I would like some other colors. Needless to say, I came home empty handed.
sad.png
I can totally feel your pain.....
hit.gif
My mother used to say life isnt always fair and she was right. Tomarrow is a new blessed day and its filled with tons of little fuzzy butts needing a new home
love.gif

Henry is a silkie hero! What a good daddy

LOL..Yes, he is here! It wasn't funny at the time but now looking back if anyone would have seen me they would have thought I was crazy! I heard a commotion buy the bushes. Henry must have called all the youngsters under the bush when he seen the hawk coming. I had seen the hawk on top of Henry so I go running over and realized I had a wooden spoon in my hand. Here I was all ready to take this hawk on with a wooden spoon! LOL

I'm totally bummed after going to a big animal swap today. I was hoping to find silkie hens there. I would like some other colors. Needless to say, I came home empty handed.
sad.png
Very very rare this time of the year... This is breeding season for alot of people and there are only a few reasons they would get rid of females right now. Even the pet quality gals can be used as broodies. Right now you are seeing the egg-eaters, the extremely old ones that aren't producing anymore, or sometimes the ones that pull from their growout pens because they aren't good enough. Bet bet right now is to buy a box full of chicks from someone and hope to get a few girls out of the deal. Late fall is when most breeders narrow down on stock and sometimes you can pick up some decent pullets/hens then.

Back
Top Bottom