Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    LOL... Apparently not long enough because he took off and sat in the tree watching me! The spoon might have scared him because he never came back! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blessedchick

blessedchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    [​IMG]Anyone up for a round of Name That Sex? This is my 5 month old cuckoo silkie. Her/his full sib, same age, is a roo for sure ~ crowing for over a month now and big ole comb. This one is smaller, no crowing and much calmer...help!

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    My guess is roo

4. annabell254

annabell254 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2012
    south Ga
    He is too cute!!!! I love the cuckoo color!! I think roo too :)

5. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

The beak shape looks roo to me and am I seeing streamers? My pullets at this age have crest feathers falling forward. I'm thinking roo but hope I'm wrong.

6. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
  7. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
  8. blessedchick

blessedchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    Thank you all! I was thinking roo mainly because of the streamers, but his comb, size and attitude are so different from his bro's. I'm thinking that I just might keep him since he's so sweet to the little ones (so far) and nowhere near as aggressive as his handsome brother...so I guess his bro will be going down the road! [​IMG]
    If he only knew that he could have a forever-home if he were a tad nicer to the rest of the gang...

I'll be burdening you'all again pretty soon. I have 2 that are 3 months old and I'm wondering what they will grow up to be. I'm getting better at telling the sexes, but I just don't trust myself yet...

9. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

My roo didn't even crow till he was 10 months old. He is all boy now but remains wonderful with the little chicks.

10. 78Vette

78Vette Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    Stuarts Draft Va,
    I have a couple of pics of my little ones. I am sure one of them is a roo. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by