Silkie thread!

Hopefully a very long handled wood spoon!!
lol.png

LOL... Apparently not long enough because he took off and sat in the tree watching me! The spoon might have scared him because he never came back!
lau.gif

Anyone up for a round of Name That Sex? This is my 5 month old cuckoo silkie. Her/his full sib, same age, is a roo for sure ~ crowing for over a month now and big ole comb. This one is smaller, no crowing and much calmer...help!

Anyone up for a round of Name That Sex? This is my 5 month old cuckoo silkie. Her/his full sib, same age, is a roo for sure ~ crowing for over a month now and big ole comb. This one is smaller, no crowing and much calmer...help!

The beak shape looks roo to me and am I seeing streamers? My pullets at this age have crest feathers falling forward. I'm thinking roo but hope I'm wrong.

Thank you all! I was thinking roo mainly because of the streamers, but his comb, size and attitude are so different from his bro's. I'm thinking that I just might keep him since he's so sweet to the little ones (so far) and nowhere near as aggressive as his handsome brother...so I guess his bro will be going down the road!
tongue.png

If he only knew that he could have a forever-home if he were a tad nicer to the rest of the gang...

I'll be burdening you'all again pretty soon. I have 2 that are 3 months old and I'm wondering what they will grow up to be. I'm getting better at telling the sexes, but I just don't trust myself yet...

Thank you all! I was thinking roo mainly because of the streamers, but his comb, size and attitude are so different from his bro's. I'm thinking that I just might keep him since he's so sweet to the little ones (so far) and nowhere near as aggressive as his handsome brother...so I guess his bro will be going down the road!
tongue.png

If he only knew that he could have a forever-home if he were a tad nicer to the rest of the gang...

I'll be burdening you'all again pretty soon. I have 2 that are 3 months old and I'm wondering what they will grow up to be. I'm getting better at telling the sexes, but I just don't trust myself yet...
My roo didn't even crow till he was 10 months old. He is all boy now but remains wonderful with the little chicks.

Back
Top Bottom