Silkie thread!

Okay guys here are my two 21/2 month old silkies. Any ideas to the sex of them. Sorry about the blurriness on a few, they wouldn't pose for the camera
tongue.gif

The greys with red are all boys. Can't tell from the photos of the solid coloured ones.

Tilosi I think their beautiful! You are very lucky.
Not sure bout that...guy won't respond to emails now. But, trying not to jump to a wrong conclusion, they are really busy.
fl.gif

My first porcelain baby!
Sooo cute!!
love.gif

If they don't have DQ's and aren't old, that is a fantastic price!
Yes, it would be....sigh
hu.gif

Just beautiful, Jessy!
X2!! They are all gorgeous!! Love that partridge!!
love.gif

Def look to be worth more than $100 for the trio. Great deal!
I just hope I get them....
fl.gif

Good Morning, Everyone. I have 3 silkies (out of 17) that I'm hoping are either show quality or at least BQ. I am working on a blue/black/splash pen and want to make sure and certain that these are good enough to use to breed and hopefully create SQ offspring. I've been either buying chicks or hatching eggs for the last year because 1. I enjoy the challenge and interaction with this breed, and 2. It's the least expensive way for me to work toward really beautiful silkies.

Here are pictures of Mysty-Blue, BB and Cleo/Cleon. I am not positive of their sexes yet, so hopefully you can even suggest your guesses about that along with a critique of each bird.
I really appreciate your expert opinions...

Mysty-Blue and BB are 23 weeks old and Cleo/Cleon is 16 weeks old

Mysty Blue is a dark blue and was my first egg to hatch for me:

BB also a dark blue. Comb is different (bigger) than Mysty blues, but I don't see streamers? Personality is mellow and never chestbump but still not convinced "it's a girl"!

I apologize about the outside photos and glare. They kept laying down in a "lump" after their bath.

And last is Cleo Patra. I'm suspicious that s/he has streamers and a bigger comb -but s/he is a sweet little cuddler (smallest of ALL my silkies). Either way, I'm hoping Cleo will be a good candidate to the B/B/S breeding pen.

Here is one more picture of Cleo showing kind of a roosterish stance? The picture also shows her/his feet which I forgot to closeup.

Please let me know what you all think of these 3 silkies for the start of my b/b/s breeding pen. I've sold and/or re-homed 9 of my chicks and still have 8.

There is one other splash that I might keep, but it has a single comb (from a mixed silkie/cochin mom or grandma?). Unsure of its gender also, but s/he has a huge crest, tight wings, good foot feathering, etc. I think it might be a rooster too.
hu.gif
What are your thoughts on keeping a single combed hen/rooster in the pen if all others have proper combs? Here is a picture of her/him, named Powder Puff:

Good Morning, Everyone. I have 3 silkies (out of 17) that I'm hoping are either show quality or at least BQ. I am working on a blue/black/splash pen and want to make sure and certain that these are good enough to use to breed and hopefully create SQ offspring. I've been either buying chicks or hatching eggs for the last year because 1. I enjoy the challenge and interaction with this breed, and 2. It's the least expensive way for me to work toward really beautiful silkies.

Here are pictures of Mysty-Blue, BB and Cleo/Cleon. I am not positive of their sexes yet, so hopefully you can even suggest your guesses about that along with a critique of each bird.
I really appreciate your expert opinions...

Mysty-Blue and BB are 23 weeks old and Cleo/Cleon is 16 weeks old

Mysty Blue is a dark blue and was my first egg to hatch for me:

BB also a dark blue. Comb is different (bigger) than Mysty blues, but I don't see streamers? Personality is mellow and never chestbump but still not convinced "it's a girl"!

I apologize about the outside photos and glare. They kept laying down in a "lump" after their bath.

And last is Cleo Patra. I'm suspicious that s/he has streamers and a bigger comb -but s/he is a sweet little cuddler (smallest of ALL my silkies). Either way, I'm hoping Cleo will be a good candidate to the B/B/S breeding pen.

Here is one more picture of Cleo showing kind of a roosterish stance? The picture also shows her/his feet which I forgot to closeup.

Please let me know what you all think of these 3 silkies for the start of my b/b/s breeding pen. I've sold and/or re-homed 9 of my chicks and still have 8.

There is one other splash that I might keep, but it has a single comb (from a mixed silkie/cochin mom or grandma?). Unsure of its gender also, but s/he has a huge crest, tight wings, good foot feathering, etc. I think it might be a rooster too.
hu.gif
What are your thoughts on keeping a single combed hen/rooster in the pen if all others have proper combs? Here is a picture of her/him, named Powder Puff:
You have some real beauties there! I think your splash is a roo too. A couple of your wing photos are not spread quite enough to see well but I'm not seeing anything that I would reject at this age. I personally would not use the single comb since you have such nice birds to use that are good combed. Your photos aren't the best to judge type. Does the splash roo have good feathering on his front toe? Based on what I see I would use them for breeding. As far as showing, someone else will have to help you. :)

you can tell in person, shes got a darker neck...and just some darker shades here and there. Shes gorgeous though, I am going to put her under Sherb and see what happens. lol

Sherb has been getting his groove on, and he seems to do a good job. I had atleast 1 chick out of him, one that was coming in 'splash partridge' but at about 2 weeks old I lost it :( I was very upset!

So sorry about the baby...

Back
Top Bottom