Silkie thread!

Huh? I am not asking if they will...I am stating that they DID. All of them - attacking the little black EE only. I watched it and saved the chick but I'm not so sure I should have. It is really scalped pretty badly. Silkie chicks are fine.
Oh sorry, I didn't get that.. Maybe there was something wrong with that EE chick. Was it the only one?

I posted this earlier and was told it was probably a girl.  Today I noticed the comb when it got it's crest wet and it seems big to me.  Do you still think this is a girl?  14 weeks old.

This guy is only 2 months old.  None of his hatch mates have any comb at all.  I am going to bet this is a little cockerel.
Yep. Cockerel. Very cute :)

All the eggs hatched at the same time? I don't think it was because they were not silkie chicks, but maybe something else, and it could have been about fighting over the chicks, or if one is still broody, that one might not take to the chicks, and that particular chick simply happened into her beak range.

I have seen birds that have never been around other varieties get upset and predjudicial towards a bird that looks different, but only when they have never been around other varieties, and then it is not usually adult vs chick.

Yeah, I think it was likely a freak thing. Thanks though - now I know a community child care center is not the best idea. lol I will separate from now on.

Quote:
wink.png
But of course
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom