Silkie thread!

Ok Sonoran and Beepblessed our silkie whisperers here is my new lil one, just to refresh your memory hen is a splash the daddy is a partridge. I do have a buff and a black who could of snuck in a egg in the nesting box you know how they love to share. But pretty sure of the hen was the splash, any idea what color this lil one might be? Aren't silkie babies just the cutest????

Ok Sonoran and Beepblessed our silkie whisperers here is my new lil one, just to refresh your memory hen is a splash the daddy is a partridge. I do have a buff and a black who could of snuck in a egg in the nesting box you know how they love to share. But pretty sure of the hen was the splash, any idea what color this lil one might be? Aren't silkie babies just the cutest????
Looks blue to me. Could end up with gold leakage. Either way, my Phyllis was blue when she was hatched like this :D
_MG_7658.jpg
Phyllis @ 1 day old
_MG_6388.jpg
Annnnd now.

Last edited:
Aoxa...Beautiful, lol it is fun wondering what I will get, I love the lil feathers on the feet that it has, too cute. Waiting for this lil one to feather out was hoping for a bigger crest but hoping it will develop soon.
fl.gif

Aggressive towards other males, or aggressive to people, too? While silkies are not a noted aggressive breed, there are always individual personalities that didn't read the book on that. And sometimes it has to do with teenage hormonal surges and/or the way they were raised. Can you give some specific behavior instances?

These are my two "silkies" BUT after seeing all of your beauties I am thinking they may be a mix because they are nowhere near as fluffy..... any thoughts?? Oh and the buff one, he is my little poopy pants attitude roo... just as adorable as can be!

These are my two "silkies" BUT after seeing all of your beauties I am thinking they may be a mix because they are nowhere near as fluffy..... any thoughts?? Oh and the buff one, he is my little poopy pants attitude roo... just as adorable as can be!

Your cuties don't look mixed. They are pet quality. Silkies are such a joy except for the occasional rogue roo! Most people like me start with pet quality and then they start hanging out on this thread. Run for your life!! Or soon you will be craving more fluff!!
old.gif

Last edited:
Your cuties don't look mixed. They are pet quality. Silkies are such a joy except for the occasional rouge roo! Most people like me start with pet quality and then they start hanging out on this thread. Run for your life!! Or soon you will be craving more fluff!!
old.gif
Hahaha, thanks for the advice! It is weird though, I see some of the people on this thread say they are the lap dogs of chickens (which was my thought behind getting them) but my roo is a little poop and my hen is a lot more timid then say my Salmon Favorelle or one of my opringtons.... do you all find they are timid until a certain age or have yours been docile from day 1?

Hahaha, thanks for the advice! It is weird though, I see some of the people on this thread say they are the lap dogs of chickens (which was my thought behind getting them) but my roo is a little poop and my hen is a lot more timid then say my Salmon Favorelle or one of my opringtons.... do you all find they are timid until a certain age or have yours been docile from day 1?
Mine vary a lot and they DO change as they get a bit older... I had one little pullet that i thought would be a Roo because of the attitude and now she is one of my sweetest... She is only about 5 months old now. My feisty Cockerel is still feisty but easy to handle and loves attention at the same age. My most timid one from that group got shipped to my Daughter ( from Ca. to MO) and she is now the most friendly of their bunch. I have a few that dont really want to interact that much so i dont push it.

Back
Top Bottom