Silkie thread!

Those are zoology cute! Can't wait till I get some!!!!
droolin.gif
autocorrect?
lau.gif

okay thanx yall thats dissapointing cauze i may have to use him anyways but will be definetly improving on him somehow
You never know what kind of genes they carry if you don't know the breeding. We have a HIDEOUS splash rooster here. He has absolutely nothing that I would want to use for breeding, which is fine because he's just a pet. But we hatched some eggs just for the fun of it this summer and holy moses, we got some decent looking chicks! The foot feathers on those babies were amazing. There's no way it was all thanks to our pet hens because the feathering was so consistent in the chicks. Had to be the rooster. Maybe you'll get lucky also. And if you have some nicer hens, they might improve on the things your rooster lacks. And it's really not a big deal what you get if you're just doing it for your own fun. As long as you're happy and think your babies are beautiful then who cares, right?!
big_smile.png

Good luck and have fun!

Chicks are hatching today! One splash so far and I will post pics when the rest hatch and dry. I am hoping for at least one black!
big_smile.png
I'm hatching today also. Two blacks but no splash. One is black split! I'm so excited to be hatching from my self-blue pen!
These guys hatched on Thursday. Silkies are the cutest babies!!!

Absolutely cute!

You never know what kind of genes they carry if you don't know the breeding. We have a HIDEOUS splash rooster here. He has absolutely nothing that I would want to use for breeding, which is fine because he's just a pet. But we hatched some eggs just for the fun of it this summer and holy moses, we got some decent looking chicks! The foot feathers on those babies were amazing. There's no way it was all thanks to our pet hens because the feathering was so consistent in the chicks. Had to be the rooster. Maybe you'll get lucky also. And if you have some nicer hens, they might improve on the things your rooster lacks. And it's really not a big deal what you get if you're just doing it for your own fun. As long as you're happy and think your babies are beautiful then who cares, right?! :D
Good luck and have fun!

Lol that's wat I'm hoping for

okay thanx yall thats dissapointing cauze i may have to use him anyways but will be definetly improving on him somehow

Just a thought....why not put his pic up on the silkie breeding/showing/genetics thread. Sonoran and DragonLady are experts and can give you some good guidance, whether to use him or not, what kind of hens to pair him with etc. You may also want to check with ShadowCaliberSilkies and Me&Jack here on BYC to see if they have any breeder quality Roos available for your breeding pen. I believe they may be in your general area.

Back
Top Bottom