Silkie thread!

Boy or girl? Sold to me as a pullet at about 5 months. I've had "her" a month now so she is between 6 and 7 months old and definitely at the top of the pecking order. I can't have roosters where I live so I am hoping my suspicions that she is a he are unfounded. HELP!

Boy or girl? Sold to me as a pullet at about 5 months. I've had "her" a month now so she is between 6 and 7 months old and definitely at the top of the pecking order. I can't have roosters where I live so I am hoping my suspicions that she is a he are unfounded. HELP!

I'm not too familiar with the non-beardeds but it that's a 6-7 month old, I bet it's a she. I'm pretty sure cockerels would have larger wattles and a comb by now.

I'm not too familiar with the non-beardeds but it that's a 6-7 month old, I bet it's a she. I'm pretty sure cockerels would have larger wattles and a comb by now.
I second this. I have both bearded and non bearded and this looks like my buff girl that is nonbearded.

I would definitely say girl as my boys were crowing at 4 months, regularly! And, they were doing their little dance at the girls.

I got my first Silkies on 02/06/13. I have noticed that a couple of them are starting to grow what looks like combs at the top of their beaks and between their eyes. Is it to early to make the call and say that they are roos? From what i have read they typically need to be much older to tell.

Opinions on this young pullet? I'm really pleased with her...but I'm wondering about the bits of white on her wings. Opinions?

I got my first Silkies on 02/06/13. I have noticed that a couple of them are starting to grow what looks like combs at the top of their beaks and between their eyes. Is it to early to make the call and say that they are roos?  From what i have read they typically need to be much older to tell.
[/quote
I would say anything is possible with silkies. If you were to post pictures we could probably tell more by seeing them.

Back
Top Bottom