Silkie thread!

Go
[COLOR=800080]A few of my new babies. [/COLOR]
love.gif
[COLOR=800080] I'm up to two dozen with more under broodies and in the incubator! WHEW!!!![/COLOR] [/quote adorable[/quotGorgeous

So excited to have found this thread! I just got my first chicks one week ago. 5 different breeds all a week old. Then I found myself a blue silkie... I got her (I hope) from a hatchery that got her from a place in Texas... she didn't give me the name. I hope she is a real fluffy one like the beautiful silkies that I see on this thread. So far she is a winner in my book. I am in love with her. Such a sweetheart. Someday I would like to get a show quality silkie. (or maybe mine will turn out to be the most beautiful of all ;) ) Anyhow, her name is Marbles and I love her. Here are some photos I took yesterday of her.
Marble is quite the cutie and seems to love the camera :D

MMMMMM! Buttered toast and an egg straight from the chicken's butt
lol.png
Can't get fresher than that! I am going to have to get more oyster shell, Nori's shells are getting soft. I have some bone meal powder, could I use that at all?

oh, and can't forget the coffee!
caf.gif

Last edited:
I don't think anyone can answer that for you. Are all the eggs fertile? Have you candled them and see development in all the eggs? There are a lot of factors involved with a hatch. You may have a 100% hatch rate or you may have 50% or lower. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you.
fl.gif

Marbles is very cute!
thank you for your answer. i am actually looking to see if she has too many eggs to sit on. what do you think?are there too many?

So excited to have found this thread! I just got my first chicks one week ago. 5 different breeds all a week old. Then I found myself a blue silkie... I got her (I hope) from a hatchery that got her from a place in Texas... she didn't give me the name. I hope she is a real fluffy one like the beautiful silkies that I see on this thread. So far she is a winner in my book. I am in love with her. Such a sweetheart. Someday I would like to get a show quality silkie. (or maybe mine will turn out to be the most beautiful of all
wink.png
)

Anyhow, her name is Marbles and I love her. Here are some photos I took yesterday of her.

Marbles is very cute! I used to have a hen named Marble.
lol.png
And, Marble was the first chick I ever hatched out of my first chickens.
big_smile.png

Good luck with the chicks! Keep us posted on how they all do.

Marbles is very cute! I used to have a hen named Marble.
lol.png
And, Marble was the first chick I ever hatched out of my first chickens.
big_smile.png

Good luck with the chicks! Keep us posted on how they all do.
Haha! Thanks Sanna.

Its such a silly name! My husband named her. It surprised me too because he didn't seem to care too much about names. When told me that he figured out a name for her and said that, I knew it had to be. Apparently he got it from the Seinfeld episode. When the Fried Chicken shack moves in next door and keeps them all awake with the red blinking light. Funny episode.

Haha! Thanks Sanna.

Its such a silly name! My husband named her. It surprised me too because he didn't seem to care too much about names. When told me that he figured out a name for her and said that, I knew it had to be. Apparently he got it from the Seinfeld episode. When the Fried Chicken shack moves in next door and keeps them all awake with the red blinking light. Funny episode.
Maybe little Marbles will help convince your husband that you should have more Silkies in the future.
wink.png
They really are funny creatures.

Back
Top Bottom