Silkie thread!

Molly had her first bath!
lol.png
She was a trooper. I'm almost thinking she kind of enjoyed it. But I think being a burrito, so far, has been her favorite part.
big_smile.png
We'll see what she thinks of the hairdryer..

More pictures to follow!
lol.png
She seems cozy lol
Hi Guys!
I need some Silkie genetics info. I want to breed porcelain and partridge silkies. I think I have a great start for my porcelain pen. I thought I read somewhere that Porcelain doesn't breed true. So, are what would the other colors I would need to have in the pen with Ricky? I also think I have a pretty good start with my Partridge, even though I only have a roo
smile.png
Does Partridge breed true? I do have some 4 month old Partridge on order with Bobbi Porto. Are there any additional colors I should have with Chewie (Partridge roo)? Thanks in advance for your help with this! Here are pictures of my Porcelain pen:
Ricky

Lucy

Delilah

Sampson

Lily
Very nice flock

A few of my new babies.
love.gif
I'm up to two dozen with more under broodies and in the incubator! WHEW!!!!

Beautiful pictures and adorable babies! Congratulation on your hatch!
So excited to have found this thread! I just got my first chicks one week ago. 5 different breeds all a week old. Then I found myself a blue silkie... I got her (I hope) from a hatchery that got her from a place in Texas... she didn't give me the name. I hope she is a real fluffy one like the beautiful silkies that I see on this thread. So far she is a winner in my book. I am in love with her. Such a sweetheart. Someday I would like to get a show quality silkie. (or maybe mine will turn out to be the most beautiful of all
wink.png
)

Anyhow, her name is Marbles and I love her. Here are some photos I took yesterday of her.

Very cute!

hey guys my 2 ur old hen just started laying again back in march everyother day for a bout a week and then quit but she may have gone broody for a couple of days on an egg that i accidentally left in the run could this cauze her to quit laying ad what can i do to make her lay better and can u put meat in ff?

Here's that white pullet of mine. I think it was this thread I posted this before. I seem to have lost that part of my memory.
lau.gif

I don't think her type is the best possible, especially for a white one. I think her feet are ok, except for the feathering. She's got a good comb and wings. I just don't know enough about the quality of whites yet to know if I'm way off on my assessment here. lol

Do you guys think this pullet really would be worth $35-40 if I were to sell her? Now I'm starting to think that I should look into getting some white hatching eggs. Or chicks. Or maybe I should just stick with the blues & splashes. It's sooo hard to decide when they're all so beautiful and unfortunately, I have limited space.
th.gif

Here's that white pullet of mine. I think it was this thread I posted this before. I seem to have lost that part of my memory.
lau.gif

I don't think her type is the best possible, especially for a white one. I think her feet are ok, except for the feathering. She's got a good comb and wings. I just don't know enough about the quality of whites yet to know if I'm way off on my assessment here. lol

Do you guys think this pullet really would be worth $35-40 if I were to sell her? Now I'm starting to think that I should look into getting some white hatching eggs. Or chicks. Or maybe I should just stick with the blues & splashes. It's sooo hard to decide when they're all so beautiful and unfortunately, I have limited space.
th.gif

I know just what you are going through lol! I also have limited space and love so many colors!! I am cutting back and concentrating on black and splash, which includes some blues.

Here is a fun question for all of you silkie fans! I currently have 6 silkies. 3 are hens. One is a pullet another a cockerel and finally a rooster. Well all my hens are brooding now but prior to going broody all were laying eggs but only one hen was laying fertilized eggs. What gives!? Anyone else heard of this?
Pullets some times won't allow the roo to mount and sometimes the roo has favorites. Trim fanny feather to make sure nothing is blocking.
Hi Guys!
I need some Silkie genetics info. I want to breed porcelain and partridge silkies. I think I have a great start for my porcelain pen. I thought I read somewhere that Porcelain doesn't breed true. So, are what would the other colors I would need to have in the pen with Ricky? I also think I have a pretty good start with my Partridge, even though I only have a roo
smile.png
Does Partridge breed true? I do have some 4 month old Partridge on order with Bobbi Porto. Are there any additional colors I should have with Chewie (Partridge roo)? Thanks in advance for your help with this! Here are pictures of my Porcelain pen:
Ricky

Lucy

Delilah

Sampson

Lily
I have some of these same questions. They all look beautiful!!
I just put my first dozen silkie eggs in the incubator at 99.5 degrees. About 45 minutes (maybe an hour?) later, I checked on them, and the thermometer read 107!! Did I just kill all the chicks, or was that not long enough or hot enough to do damage?
sad.png
Oh, so sorry! Hopefully you caught it in time. You will just have to wait and see.
hugs.gif

my white silkie, Asia. My son named him/her, I think they were studying Asia in school at the time
smile.png
almost 8 weeks
Pretty baby!
lau.gif

th.gif

Seems like she is nice enough to breed with the right roo. If you are willing to ship, you might want to post her on The Original Poultry Bid on FB.

Back
Top Bottom