Silkie thread!

We just lost our Rooster. Now our hens seem to be acting different. They stay in
the Barn more.

Do you think it is my imagination? Or do Silkie Hens need a Rooster to direct them in and
out of the Barn? Regards, Aria

No they just are grieving
sad.png
Chickens CAN feel emotions and they know when a flock member has died. I had a hen who grieved for weeks when her sister died.

We just lost our Rooster. Now our hens seem to be acting different. They stay in
the Barn more.

Do you think it is my imagination? Or do Silkie Hens need a Rooster to direct them in and

My hens went through a terrible depression when we lost their rooster...
Just hung out in the coop, did not eat well. It was very sad......(Orpingtons)

the Barn more.

My hens went through a terrible depression when we lost their rooster...
Just hung out in the coop, did not eat well. It was very sad......(Orpingtons)

This site is wonderful. THANKS ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES. Now I need to get a Silkie Rooster. Now I know why the hens were not laying and were acting different.
Thanks again, Regards, Aria

I'm in love with this new cockerel. He's such a sweetheart, and is so beautiful. I may name him, which is a rare event around here. My last named bird was Macho. I really like Lucian ("light") or Yuki ("Snow" or "happiness"). I've been testing the waters with merging him with my existing flock, and so far free ranging together they've got along beautifully. He's very laid back unless anyone threatens to harm 'his' showgirl chick, he'll fight to defend the little chick. He snuggles it under his wings at night.

Back
Top Bottom