Silkie thread!

Quote:
Hold your left hand level, palm up and fingers spread. Slide the hand under the bird from the front, with one or two fingers between the legs. Tighten your fingers and cup your hand. Take your right hand and place it over the birds back, holding the wings to the body. Generally, if your left hand holds the bird securely enough, the hand over the wings is not much needed. This is the proper way to hold any breed of chicken for showmanship, or just in general.

I reach under the front of the bird and lift, with the two legs of the chicken spaced between my thumb and forefinger and the other leg between my 4th and 5th fingers. I also cradle the rest of the chicken with the other hand to support him or her. This way the little legs don't go kicking and scratching you. Then I hold the chicken like a football under one arm whilst holding onto the legs, with the face facing forward.

Your chickens have 3 legs?!......

tongue2.gif
sorry I had to

Nice
wee.gif
Our 20 week old silkie " CoCo "
layed her first egg on Sat. It is so COOOOOOOOL Isn't this Great!!!!!! It's our first egg :)
Congratulations
yippiechickie.gif

388 Chick

Last edited:
I have been checking on my hens eggs, and finally today, one or two have hatched. she has three eggs. BUT, I don't seee any chicks! she must have them hidden well. there was a bunch of gloppy stuff in the egg that I saw. and it looked like perhaps the second egg hatched too, but it was hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom